stroker
stroker PowerDork
4/14/24 10:09 a.m.

Walked around COTA yesterday watching qualifying and the Sprint Race.  It's my first time here and it's a damned impressive facility.  It's been a long time since I've seen a motorcycle race and the speeds these guys are going is really impressive.  My $.02 is it would be much appreciated if GRM were to dip a toe into the bike world.  Maybe we could get Kevin Cameron to do an occasional column?

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UberDork
4/14/24 10:11 p.m.

I think that is a good idea . Maybe two or three times per year have a story on some other types of motorsports, sprint cars, boats, motorcycles etc.

stroker
stroker PowerDork
4/15/24 10:58 p.m.

Second good idea (?) would be to have the Barber Museum try to develop something like the Goodwood Festival for bikes.  Try and find an appropriate dirt track nearby for the flat trackers and then do "parade races" for the pavement bikes.  

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/16/24 3:00 p.m.

The scene is just awesome all together and happy it stays in the US. I've worked as a sector captain for that race a few time.

For some reason I attracted Aprilia's. This was one that low sided at 8 high in 2022 that we recovered.

Then at turn 6 in 2016 that a ducati died and we went to get it. Cleared the track and an Aprilia died in the same spot. So I had 2 bikes, one on each side, held up and waiting the recovery cart. 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/17/24 8:43 a.m.
stroker said:

Second good idea (?) would be to have the Barber Museum try to develop something like the Goodwood Festival for bikes.  Try and find an appropriate dirt track nearby for the flat trackers and then do "parade races" for the pavement bikes.  

Sounds like the Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio. Racing, swap meet, flat track etc. 

stroker
stroker PowerDork
4/17/24 5:45 p.m.

In reply to EvanB :

Well, I stand corrected.  Apparently Barber already has one.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2MDZGjVf2fdl8WZRp8PP7vzyTq5G8V1kKk16CZrdYe3lxcVQnjfhZ9p18xE5SnMv