hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/14/09 8:39 p.m.

Not mine.

Is there a "pimpin" class at the Challenge?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/1419570632.html

"This is a nice project car. Everything seems to be intact, but the car does not run. The engine, transmission, interior, wheels, exterior,........are all there. This car needs work, but when your finished, you will have a rare sports car made in Italy.

127 k miles, 2.2 chrysler turbo engine, auto transmission, progressive rims, a removable hard top,with a convertable top, clean title w/key. "

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/14/09 8:58 p.m.

It is only cheap because of those wheels.

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
10/14/09 9:10 p.m.

The Maserati trident badge can't hide the crap behind it. And those wheels Show of hands, who here likes 3 spoke wheels?

Luke
Luke Dork
10/14/09 9:29 p.m.

Raises hand

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That Chrysler/Maserati abomination is so naff it's almost cool. Needs more randomly-positioned fake chrome vents, though.

ZOOMX5
ZOOMX5 New Reader
10/14/09 10:02 p.m.

You taking about that 3 vent "porthole" thing I see every other car on the road has? What is that trend about anyway?

As cool as 3 spoke gets...super advans...still don't like

Tommy Suddard
Tommy Suddard GRM+ Memberand SonDork
10/14/09 10:02 p.m.

Hmm... I'm going to Tampa on Saturday, and Mom's 5 series is at the body shop for a few weeks...

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/14/09 10:19 p.m.

I LOVE 3 spoke rims.

Just sayin'.

I HATE the ones on that Maser, though.

skruffy
skruffy Dork
10/14/09 10:24 p.m.

The term "sports car" might be a stretch.

MitchellC
MitchellC HalfDork
10/14/09 10:38 p.m.

Foreman, to workers: "Good news! We're going to begin production of a new Maserati!" -"Wooo!" "Moserati... Chrysler!" (crickets)

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
10/14/09 10:53 p.m.

I used to think those wheels were awesome... In 1997.

Joey

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/15/09 6:44 a.m.

Come on, first Maserati Challenge car AND it could be made fast.

Pansies.

DrBoost
DrBoost HalfDork
10/15/09 6:47 a.m.
Luke wrote: That Chrysler/Maserati abomination is so naff it's almost cool. Needs more randomly-positioned fake chrome vents, though.

I don't see any fake chrome vents on that car, that's been left up to GM for decades. They are famous for the fake cowl induction, ram air, venti-ports and the like. I'd buy that car for the interior. As much as I think it's a joke with a trident badge as the punchline, those were nice interiors.

John Brown
10/15/09 7:08 a.m.

I clicked the link and the car is from Port Richey, my old stomping ground!

I may need to make a trip... Joel, get the dolly!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
10/15/09 7:14 a.m.

That car is a deal. Isn't that the era of the first VNT turbos?

924guy
924guy Dork
10/15/09 7:15 a.m.

we used to call those "tri-star" wheels, i had a set on my ford probe, and thought they looked good... on the tc, not so much. always thought the tc was an odd duck, looks like a le-barron that really wants to be a t-bird...

weird, but not weird enough to be cool.

andrave
andrave HalfDork
10/15/09 8:42 a.m.

is that really made in italy? it looks surprisingly like a lebaron. and has the chrysler motor.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
10/15/09 9:11 a.m.
Luke wrote: *Raises hand* Image Hosted by ImageShack.us That Chrysler/Maserati abomination is so naff it's almost cool. Needs more randomly-positioned fake chrome vents, though.

What year Corolla is that? I NEED that. It would complete me.

MiatarPowar
MiatarPowar HalfDork
10/15/09 9:32 a.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: What year Corolla is that? I NEED that. It would complete me.

Looks just like my friend's '80 Liftback. TE72 is the body designation.

Vigo
Vigo New Reader
10/16/09 10:29 a.m.
That car is a deal. Isn't that the era of the first VNT turbos?

Yes, but that one doesnt have one.

Motor wise its plain jane.. factory intercooled turbo 4cyl rated 170/180 or so with a 3 spd auto.

Not that it doesnt have a lot of potential in the motor, but thats one of the less desirable ones compared to the ones with the maserati 16v cylinder head and 5spd.. as those are easily cranked past 300hp.

metalman
metalman New Reader
10/16/09 10:55 a.m.

Wow! Gotta love a K car with crap glued to it. Is that the polished turd edition? lol...

John Brown
10/16/09 11:20 a.m.

I REALLY wish I had the money to buy it AND ship it up here.

I would pull the 2.2/auto and install a 2.4T/5speed and add a set of big light wide wheels and tires.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/16/09 12:11 p.m.
John Brown wrote: I REALLY wish I had the money to buy it AND ship it up here. I would buy it, buy a bunch of parts for it, then become completely distracted by another car with greater potential, then i'd sell it and all the parts for about 30 cents on the dollar to buy the other project, then i'd slip another one past the goalie and ..... .

fixed. or was that the old you?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
G7YQwIM436EEVkUjbu7UsitN0vAbWTMso7AfSsueMf5sOBPjjXw8qR8Gu9MsjKxC