1 ... 3 4 5 6
Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/20/21 8:39 p.m.
wvumtnbkr said:
Mr_Asa said:
nocones said:

Hope you all got your tetanus shots up to date.  

This time it drove to that spot.  We will see how it goes.  There is much alignment and setup to do tomorrow night in the parking lot.  

I'm gonna touch your car.  Then I'm gonna touch myself.

Its gonna get weird

Me too.

Is it okay if we make eye contact?  I'm kind of a visual person and like to see the enjoyment.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't.

Eye Contact GIFs | Tenor  Locating The No Fee Affordable Luxury Apartments In NYC | Transparentcity  Blog  Awkward eye contact - GIF on Imgur  10 Thoughts British Men Have When Getting A Haircut – Page 3  Eye Contact GIFs | Tenor  how to get feedback – eye contact | Process Street | Checklist, Workflow  and SOP Software  Eye contact GIF - Find on GIFER  the quick zoom the eye contact.. hello??? gifs | WiffleGif  Dismantle. Repair. — When I make eye contact with someone wearing the...  Top 30 Eyes Contact GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat  7 typical types of eye-contact everyone should be aware of. – Secret life  of little sunshine

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/20/21 8:46 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

It's a good thing that you're visual instead of an audio person, as the VQ has a broken exhaust. 

Though I suspect that's a ploy to get other competitors to contribute to the repair cost so that they don't need to hear it, thusly collecting $1000 to maximize recoup to spend on a $80 repair. 

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/20/21 10:33 p.m.
nocones said:

This time it drove to that spot.  We will see how it goes.  There is much alignment and setup to do tomorrow night in the parking lot.  

That is wicked cool. Will you even *be* able to see the drag timing lights with the banner taking up 3/4 of your tiny windshield? (I kid... I kid!)

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/21 1:03 a.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:
nocones said:

That is wicked cool. Will you even *be* able to see the drag timing lights with the banner taking up 3/4 of your tiny windshield? (I kid... I kid!)

I was thinking about this for a minute before I realized he doesn't have to be able to see the lights. Since RT doesn't matter, just ET, he can let the car in the other lane go first & presumably that means the light went green. 

10/21/21 7:00 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Looking ahead is paramount to success in autocross though. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/21/21 7:51 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/21/21 8:24 a.m.

I love this thread. Pure, irrational, misplaced optimism is precisely what makes challenge builds so great. 

After seeing some of the entries I am content with my decision to skip this year; my compromised immune system doesn't belong anywhere near some of these "cars".

cheeky good luck to all

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/21/21 10:53 a.m.

Racecar prep complete! Made sure to select the tire shine option.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/21 5:07 p.m.

May be a meme of 1 person and text that says 'when everyone is breaking their cars but not you because yours isn't running Sun lmlo'

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
10/23/21 2:57 a.m.
KyAllroad said:

Due to a closing of the loophole, the Zoomboni will be running exhibition class.   I'm looking for FTD in the autocross and who knows what in the drags, maybe 15's maybe 12's I honestly don't know.

Dang!   FTD in the AX by 1.6 seconds and 12.983 drag pass surprise

My team of one is hugely thankful for the support and friendship at the Challenge!  Everyone was awesome and it was a milestone day for me.  To share the love the Zoomboni went out for a few fun-runs with different people behind the wheel....7 different drivers took turns in it actually doing a total of 14 (I think) runs.   Thanks everyone!

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/21 8:08 a.m.

FWIW one does not FTD an event from exhibition.

The score sheet shows a different story. It’s like being in a race with amputees and being all “i whooped your asses with my 2 legs suck it”

(This is the smack talk thread is it not?)

10/23/21 8:27 a.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

I heard that an exhaust leak repair attempt was made using painter's tape. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/23/21 5:42 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Andy Neuman :

I heard that an exhaust leak repair attempt was made using painter's tape. 

When the blue turns to red, you know it's working.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/21 6:00 p.m.

I'm pretty sure that 13 of you lost to an 85 Buick Riviera.  How's that E36 M3 feel?

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/23/21 6:03 p.m.

2nd place autox. 3 years in a row. berkeley!  Engine swap and Avons next year. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
10/23/21 6:22 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Probably less bad than losing to your own car that you gave up on.

Stampie
10/23/21 6:31 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Lol but would that car have won if I hadn't given them the winning body?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/23/21 6:45 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

In reply to Stampie :

Probably less bad than losing to your own car that you gave up on.

I'll get burn creme. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) PowerDork
10/23/21 6:59 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I'm pretty sure mentioning "stampie's sexy body" would earn more than a few concourse points. 
As the guy who finished dead last (in America's most popular muscle/sports car) all's I know is it's pretty easy to sling E36 M3 from the caboose!

wink

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
10/24/21 9:28 a.m.

a lot of us got beat by a full-interior, air-conditioned BMW with a bunch of rocks glued to the top of it

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
10/24/21 2:42 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

FWIW one does not FTD an event from exhibition.

The score sheet shows a different story. It’s like being in a race with amputees and being all “i whooped your asses with my 2 legs suck it”

(This is the smack talk thread is it not?)

I didn't say I won the autocross, just that I had FTD.   Knowing what the other competitors were driving I should have put a sticker on the front that says "I identify as a Miata" wink

But it's all for fun and I now know what to bring next year.   Something that has run at least 4-5 autocross events to sort out the bugs and maybe one drag event ahead of time.  

Stampie
10/24/21 3:35 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad :

Just remember that if you pay someone to work on your Challenge car that labor is included in budget.

(Still smack talk thread)

KyAllroad
KyAllroad UltimaDork
10/24/21 3:45 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I remember 

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
10/24/21 10:33 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/7/22 12:46 p.m.

I haz sad that there is no 2022 smack talk thread yet.

1 ... 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AUxQlyIlyBrjZ1xESDDYG0IgtZRJfDfvUg9ce9eZoPOMupSaWBAGceF7pJPkTTnJ