octavius_shepherd
octavius_shepherd None
4/4/11 12:23 p.m.

PRICE DROP $1600!!!! Last price drop !!!

Hi all,

I am giving up on my project to put this V8 in my 97' Audi A6. Since moving away from Knoxville I just dont have the tools at my disposal that I used to. My loss is your gain. I have compiled all the parts necessary to transplant this motor into an Audi or any 01E or 01A transmission equipped vehicle. The motor was purchased from a reputable Motorgeek member. The motor had a compression check before it was pulled and all checked out good. The motor has all accessories, wiring harness and ECU

Motor: 4.2L 40v V8 The motor was relieved from a 2001 Audi A6. ART engine code. Stock rated at 300hp.

ECU: To run in the non original vehicle the ECU was sent to 034 Motorsports to have the immobilizer defeated. They also made sure there would be no issue running this motor in front of a manual transmission

Flywheel: A B5 S4 Single mass flywheel was sourced from "4 Seasons Tuning" and is new in box. This flywheel is needed to mate to the rear of the v8 motor as it has the correct bolt pattern. In addition it is lighter than stock and is machined in such a way that it uses a standard replacable "Fidanza" friction surface. Hardware for mounting is also new in box.

Clutch/ Pressure plate: A B5 S4 LUK clutch kit was obtained for the swap and is new in box. Thhe kit includes all mounting hardware.

B5 S4 engine adapter: Because of the depth of the flange on the rear of V8 this engine adapter/spacer is needed to assure proper mating of the motor to an 01E or 01A. It is essentially a 1/2 thick piece of aluminum that follows the contour of the bell housing and bolts through.

The only additional item needed to run this assembly would be the DBW pedal cluster unless you fancy adapting a standard throttle body to the motor.

ZERO our your challenge car and pop this baby in!!! If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask. At $1600 I am losing money on this combo but I want it gone yesterday!

Thanks, Augustus P

Located in Rockton, IL. Right on the Illinois/Wisconsin border. Email at Octavius.Shepherd@gmail.com for a prompt response!

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/11 11:11 a.m.

Price for the 4.2 and all the goodies?

octavius_shepherd
octavius_shepherd New Reader
4/6/11 11:34 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

I'm looking for $2000 OBO

I'm also looking to sell the 97' A6 Avant (5sp) this was planned for so if your interested in a package deal we could work something out.

octavius_shepherd
4/11/11 3:54 p.m.

I am open to all reasonable offers. Shoot them at me. OR if you like to be more discrete about your challenge projects send me an email at octavius.shepherd@gmail.com

octavius_shepherd
5/1/11 1:43 p.m.

In reply to octavius_shepherd:

still for sale

octavius_shepherd
5/11/11 10:38 p.m.

price drop...$1800 firm

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/13/11 6:47 p.m.

I Know nothing about this motor. How big is it? How does it comparison size to say an LS or a SBC? I am having evil thoughts about what I could do with that. Especially since I have a German car and am looking at picking up another 951 roller.

I could see that motor in a 951. I am betting fitment may be an issue with 5 valve heads and all.

octavius_shepherd
5/14/11 8:23 a.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Hmm, I hadn't thought of it in relation to Chevy stuff... I would say that it is LS sized but not as long. I can take some measurements if that may be helpful.

octavius_shepherd
7/3/11 11:50 a.m.

ttt LAST PRICE DROP $1600 get it gone!!!

will consider partial trades with $1000 cash minimum.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hIoqvIkeTO6GOGrTzc223KFp6Ec53C2dOw0dr94eDH5bxrpYW8TQ0hnz4Zx0x9jt