RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
3/15/13 1:33 p.m.

Hey all, So it looks like I'm moving from MA to sunny California, and taking my miata with me...I'm looking for a trunklid I can mount a luggage rack to so I can bring some stuff with me...condition doesn't matter too much, nor color, just as long as it will seal my trunk and hold a luggage rack...and cheap as possible would be nice too :) Thanks.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
3/15/13 1:58 p.m.

In reply to RoadWarrior:

There was a Miata at Everett's in Brockton a couple months back? You could try & see if it's still there.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/15/13 1:59 p.m.
RoadWarrior wrote: Hey all, So it looks like I'm moving from MA to sunny California, and taking my miata with me...I'm looking for a trunklid I can mount a luggage rack to so I can bring some stuff with me...condition doesn't matter too much, nor color, just as long as it will seal my trunk and hold a luggage rack...and cheap as possible would be nice too :) Thanks.

I don't have any Miata stuff, but do you have any Turbo Dodge stuff left over from that CSX I bought from you?

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
3/15/13 2:12 p.m.

Possibly...I might have a full set of FWD performance urethane mounts, bobble strut, and hte factory manuals somewhere. I'll let you know when i find em.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
3/15/13 2:13 p.m.

And I guess I'll be making a run to everetts in the AM tomorrow!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/15/13 2:17 p.m.
RoadWarrior wrote: Possibly...I might have a full set of FWD performance urethane mounts, bobble strut, and hte factory manuals somewhere. I'll let you know when i find em.

Oooohhh... factory manuals.... Yeah, let me know!

You should see the car now. It almost has floors again!!!

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
3/15/13 2:39 p.m.

There is a red one inside Brocton Auto Parts but its pretty beat. They also had a white one sitting just outside the yard under a snow bank. You can give them a try but their prices have been extremely high lately.

Edit: car-parts.com shows they want $185 for it, lol. Cheapest one they show is a black one at Freedman, Inc in Middleboro, MA for $75. For $200 you can get a black one with a luggage rack at National Auto Recycling in Lancaster, MA

If I find any cheaper options near you i'll let you know.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/15/13 2:44 p.m.

Freedman's is right up the street from my house.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
3/15/13 4:06 p.m.

In reply to PseudoSport: LOL 185 for a trunklid? ahahahahhah I bought one for 50 last summer for my friend's 91

I totally don't mind beat. it's getting a raceland trunk rack thrown on it (just ordered it earlier today), it's to preserve the very nice one that' s on the car now..which will be getting boxed up shipped with the rest of my stuff out to CA.

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
3/16/13 11:50 a.m.

Ugh....went to 4 junkyards in brockton, none had a trunklid! I saw a guy walk out with a hardtop from the only miata there d'oh!

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
3/16/13 12:15 p.m.

I might have to hit up freedman's for that trunklid!

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/16/13 1:43 p.m.

I've got, but no where near the NE, dunno what shipping would run

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/16/13 9:14 p.m.

There is a miata at 128 used auto that is relatively complete. I can look and see if the trunk lid is there and if it is get a price. Are they all interchangeable? What year / years am I looking for?

RoadWarrior
RoadWarrior Reader
3/16/13 11:17 p.m.

any year from 90-97 I'm assuming. I'm assuming all NA trunklids are interchangeable.

Sofa King
Sofa King Reader
3/18/13 11:19 a.m.

too bad you are so far from Cleveland. I have one that I don't need or want. Minor damage but has a factory rack on it!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
as4lL9UJiFuY6KPtrcf5ta7cMNAUQG0uI9KJm7pmirdDcZtMi4RzV0ZhXGZUb0Ue