Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/7/21 7:52 p.m.

In light of Dusterbd13 post on the AMC I think I should post this.

This is my new 91 MR2. It doesn't run because the wiring has been chewed up, the battery is dead and the frunk is stuck shut. It was parked many years ago because it smoked heavily. The windows have been left down for apparently years and the interior is horrible, there were about 5 inches of pine needles in the driver seat. Pics cannot describe how nasty the interior is, there was standing algae filled water in the door pockets.

It was parked behind their shop on another person's property that told them they must move it. It was apparently offered to several neighbors and friends. They passed on it because, and I quote " it's a total piece of garbage". Their best offer was an old beat up Camry and picking it up in the far future. They considered paying someone to haul it off because it needed to be gone by the weekend. I don't know these people but they are the parents of a friend of mine. 

My friend asked if I wanted a crappy MR2. When I told him yes he told me it needed to be gone very fast. I was told if I could pick it up tomorrow the price was $100.

I don't know why no one went for it but the owners apologized profusely that I had to take their garbage away. I wasn't the first, second or third person that looked at it. Im looking for a FMV of $100 because it isn't something I chased down and it wasn't offered to only me.

I'll upload some pics

11/7/21 8:08 p.m.

11/7/21 8:10 p.m.

11/7/21 8:12 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/7/21 8:12 p.m.

Sounds like $100 to me. Its what was overpaid (not a fan of mold)

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
11/7/21 8:44 p.m.

You bought it for $100 right? You don't need an FMV you bought it not from your brother, not from the MR2 club who wants to see it in a magazine. You got a "hook up" price because you were willing to do something other people weren't, that's literally how you go fast with no money

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
11/7/21 8:47 p.m.

Bought honestly is bought budget legal, no FMV needed.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/7/21 9:05 p.m.

Yep you just need to document your $100 purchase.  Texts or emails or just get something from the seller.  If multiple people had the chance to get it it sounds like a right place right time deal not an inside deal.  

It would be hard for me to FMV any complete car at less then $300 right now.  I have 3 junkyards in my area that will pickup any car even less engine for $300 published price.  One advertises $400 $450 delivered.  I got $300 for an engine/drivetrain/wireing/front upright less rusty outback 2 months ago and that's not a car with valuable parts.  Your area may be different but that's what anything resembling a car is worth here right now.  Some people don't know that so you can PAY less but for FMV for a junk/scrap car that's what it is here.  

11/7/21 10:09 p.m.

Ok, $100 it is I just wanted to be sure

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/21 9:35 a.m.
nocones said:

Yep you just need to document your $100 purchase.  Texts or emails or just get something from the seller.  If multiple people had the chance to get it it sounds like a right place right time deal not an inside deal.  

It would be hard for me to FMV any complete car at less then $300 right now.  I have 3 junkyards in my area that will pickup any car even less engine for $300 published price.  One advertises $400 $450 delivered.  I got $300 for an engine/drivetrain/wireing/front upright less rusty outback 2 months ago and that's not a car with valuable parts.  Your area may be different but that's what anything resembling a car is worth here right now.  Some people don't know that so you can PAY less but for FMV for a junk/scrap car that's what it is here.  

I may need to know this $400/450 place...

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/8/21 12:46 p.m.

Get any sort of trail(text convo, napkin) for $100 and call it done.  There's nothing inside deal sounding about this, you made their problem go away and gave them money.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
etNja6I3AdbX24N8xcfOFELCuIY4XPa24Ba5Oe9QbzxtOGi3SIlpjnOkcQuXyKSs