Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
8/29/22 9:53 a.m.

Hey look, it's yet another thing to do at the Grassroots Motorsports $2000 Challenge presented by Tire Rack.

No full-size car? No problem: You can still win a trophy at the $2000 Challenge. Every attendee is welcome to compete in the model car concours, which will take place concurrently with the $2000 Challenge concours. Bring your best model car, show it to the world, and our favorite will take home a prize and trophy. No pre-registration is required and all ages are welcome to compete.

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/22 9:54 a.m.

Now that's really really really cool!!

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/29/22 10:31 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Hey look, it's yet another thing to do at the Grassroots Motorsports $2000 Challenge presented by Tire Rack.

No full-size car? No problem: You can still win a trophy at the $2000 Challenge. Every attendee is welcome to compete in the model car concours, which will take place concurrently with the $2000 Challenge concours. Bring your best model car, show it to the world, and our favorite will take home a prize and trophy. No pre-registration is required and all ages are welcome to compete.

Can non-attendees compete? Meaning could someone enter a model even if they aren't personally present?

Tom Suddard
8/29/22 10:44 a.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

Sure, as long as you can find somebody to bring the car and put it on the showfield (table).

dyintorace
8/29/22 10:49 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

In reply to dyintorace :

Sure, as long as you can find somebody to bring the car and put it on the showfield (table).

Cool. I'll volunteer to be that person. If someone wants to compete in the model car concours, PM me and I'll give you my address. I live in Gainesville and you can ship your car to me. I will be happy to handle the logistics of getting your model there and put on display. I'll handle the return logistics as well, as long as you cover shipping, etc.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/29/22 10:55 a.m.

We're inching towards having matchbox/hot wheels races, which I'm totally supportive of. 

Javelin
8/29/22 3:56 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

Dude that's awesome!

dyintorace
8/29/22 4:21 p.m.

In reply to Javelin :

Happy to help! :)

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
8/30/22 10:49 a.m.

Oh heck yeah!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/22 1:47 p.m.

I expect my Nashco Honorary Sole Entrant award in the mail cheeky

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/25/22 1:58 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I legit wondered why that was up there.  Saw it and looked around for some kid crying about losing their toy.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/25/22 2:40 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

While prepping for the awards presentation, we wondered the same thing. smiley

Tom Suddard
10/25/22 2:43 p.m.

Yeah, sorry attendance didn't quite work out for this one. We're still trying to crack the "Other stuff for people to do" part of the concours.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/22 4:04 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Slide the model car concourse over to the cars and caffeine side and have cars and caffeine attendees vote on the winner. (It's an idea, and I suspect that it'll generate more entries, maybe?) 

Javelin
10/25/22 5:35 p.m.

Oh crap I forgot all about this with moving! crying

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/25/22 5:39 p.m.
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Slide the model car concourse over to the cars and caffeine side and have cars and caffeine attendees vote on the winner. (It's an idea, and I suspect that it'll generate more entries, maybe?) 

The Cars & Caffeine addition was cool for a number of reasons:

Gave those with over-budget Challenge/non-Challenge cars a place to show off and get involved.

Welcomed new people to the event.

Free donuts.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/25/22 9:53 p.m.

No challenge car this year, but the C&C gave me a reason to drive 4 hours, show up, and hang out. I had a blast and will do it again in a heartbeat. 

Re: Concours. Can you sell us another meal ticket for barbque and roll out some frisbees/soccer balls/hackee sacks or whatever? Standing around with a bunch of friends is cool, but adding good food and games is even better. 

Edit: also, music!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/25/22 9:56 p.m.
CrustyRedXpress said:

No challenge car this year, but the C&C gave me a reason to drive 4 hours, show up, and hang out. I had a blast and will do it again in a heartbeat. 

Re: Concours. Can you sell us another meal ticket for barbque and roll out some frisbees/soccer balls/hackee sacks or whatever? Standing around with a bunch of friends is cool, but adding good food and games is even better. 

Edit: also, music!

Oh, that's one thing that came up with town hall that I don't think got mentioned.  I'll head to that thread with it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mZFDVysQ7fk1UVwWoeDJ9MQNsmI6UCxa9jMuURDIfwjzkLaRuUmWgihf5LQwl8G6