stroker
stroker PowerDork
6/24/22 12:22 p.m.

I'm Jonesing.

MiniDave
MiniDave New Reader
6/24/22 8:39 p.m.

Way overdue IMHO, even for them.....

Not to mention the SCargo and even the V8 Supercar they were building.....

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
6/24/22 11:20 p.m.

I've also been wondering about a new episode lately. 

Make the noise.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/25/22 12:16 a.m.

I thought it was "Finished" Saw it move at some car show; at least for a few hundred feet. Less impressed with the final product than I was the project.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/25/22 7:39 a.m.

They do make you wait for it, don't they?

In their defense, the last 10% takes 90% of the effort, right?

I want to see a howiedidit on that clutch linkage. Somehow, I can get my mind around what Machinebau (SP?) did on the Lotus, but whatever sorcery they used to get a mechanical advantage on the clutch lever escapes me.

MiniDave
MiniDave New Reader
6/25/22 1:24 p.m.

If you really watch that segment, it's pretty impressive!

Of course, I've been very impressed with all of their engineering and bracket making prowess the whole build. That and how they seem to have been able to foresee so many design decisions so far in advance that when it comes time to build it, it all just fits and works. I'm not naive enough to think it all worked the first time of course, but still......

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/22 11:33 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

Nowhere close to finished.  After dealing with the clutch and the flexidrive, they still had all the interior fit out to finish.

I suspect the flexidrive will continue to give them problems because of the way it is driven by the crank.

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
7/1/22 11:45 a.m.

I am sure they will be having new project blues, and it will take months of back engineering and sorting to finish the car but none of that frustration is easy to video and document. It's too bad that a lot of people saw that rushed little clip of the first ever drive and came away with  the wrong impression. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
7/1/22 12:00 p.m.
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) said:

I am sure they will be having new project blues, and it will take months of back engineering and sorting to finish the car but none of that frustration is easy to video and document. It's too bad that a lot of people saw that rushed little clip of the first ever drive and came away with  the wrong impression. 

I can relate to this. The Molvo has had a LOT of work done or redone since it went on the road, but very little makes it to the build thread cause it is kinda just boring. ...And makes me look bad cause I did not get it right the first time!blush

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fSossuomXrnL8B1zKQm9NMINGNEJaKQctGOJq33yJOgjYjO3V0R0XUrMbpkjp0ah