plance1
plance1 HalfDork
8/31/08 3:43 p.m.

I'm selling my daily driver, a red 95 Saab convertible with about 180k miles on it in the Cincy Ohio area. It has 4 cylinder non turbo engine and automatic trans. Gas Mileage ranges from 22-27 miles to a gallon. I have not yet figured out how much to ask for it because its pretty rusty, beat up and ugly. Less than a $1000 most likely.

I paid $900 for it a year ago. I bought it from a coworker who had it for many years, he was the second owner. I will post some pics asap. The car gets driven 32 miles each way to work on a regular basis. I'm selling it because I'm getting a company vehicle.

The Good

Engine runs fine, doesn't smoke or knock.

Fuel pump is new and cost over $500.

Distributor parts are new. Does this car have points? I dunno, a mechanic put some ignition parts on it for me as part of a general tune up.

Battery is new.

Major hoses are new.

Top works fine. Push a button and you're driving a convertible.

I've been good with the oil changes and I believe the previous owner was as well.

Seat heaters work well.

The Bad

None of the dashboard electronics work right: For example, an audible alarm will go off and on for no rhyme or reason. Ding Dong Ding Dong!

The radio doesn't work. So I sing to myself as I drive. (usually when the top is up) I sing only in the shower and in the saab.

Air conditioning does not work.

The Ugly

The paint is faded.

The car has rust at several locations. Mainly the trunk lid and wheel wells.

The previous owner hit something and there is damage to the front passenger fender and hood and grill. As a result, the turn signal indicator on the passenger side was loose and fell out of the car while I was driving down the road. Funny thing, the duct-tape I used to hold it on remained. If I had any pride I would have been embarrassed. The opening could make for a good cold air intake opening however. Just don't make any right turns.

There is a gaping hole around the rear window. Apparently this is a common occurrence on 95 Saab convertibles and should be looked upon as a badge of honor. (It helps evacuate hot air from the cabin when the top is up?)

Special GRM discount will be given to any person who buys the car and does not live near me: I don't want to have to see the car again...

captainkarl
captainkarl New Reader
9/2/08 6:33 a.m.

Do you have any pictures you could post up? Thanks!

Winston
Winston New Reader
9/2/08 8:03 a.m.

Trade for a Toyota Echo?

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
9/2/08 4:11 p.m.

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
9/2/08 5:09 p.m.

racer33
racer33 New Reader
9/2/08 5:30 p.m.

Wow. It sure looks better in the pics then it sounded in the ad.

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
9/2/08 10:09 p.m.

trick photography

captainkarl
captainkarl New Reader
9/5/08 6:33 a.m.

what kind of gas mileage are you getting?

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
9/5/08 12:34 p.m.

Dashboard indicator says 22 but it depends, sometimes I drive it during the day for running around town and it goes down. Right now most of the time I drive up and down I71. Car is on ebay by the way, the bid is up to $750.

92dxman
92dxman New Reader
9/6/08 10:18 p.m.

This would be great for someone who wanted to live out their 'Sideways' fantasy..

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
9/8/08 11:02 a.m.

I havent got the money yet but I did have a high bid of 910 on ebay so I guess its sold, hopefully the funds will come soon. Thanks for your interest everyone.

plance1
plance1 HalfDork
9/10/08 9:11 a.m.

Looks like my high bidder backed out, he said a relative that placed a bid in his name and the kid was not familiar with ebay. Sucks. I'm wondering if any of my other bidders were from GRM.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p2owes14bp4yJ55qTtXHRmWXytgtQBHaOJq8IU7KVmo6BVtiGGq4b0CnFLi3BXMu