1 2 3
surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
2/8/22 10:37 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I am not sure if it has been asked yet but for the camping it is a 50 dollar fee for 1 camper/trailer. so if we have a camper and our car trailer as well will we need to purchase 2 tickets?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/8/22 10:44 a.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

Are you sleeping in the car trailer? If so, yes, you'll need two camping passes. If not, one is fine.

I'll admit this is an imperfect science, but our goal is charge enough to pay for the track security that's required to be onsite 24/7 to make this possible. Pricing per RV/Trailer/Car + 2 tents seemed like the fairest way based on how other organizations do camping. 

If every attendee says they're staying in your trailer and the entire event buys one camping pass total, then it's going to be very hard to justify the additional expense of hosting camping next year.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
2/8/22 10:51 a.m.

ok i wasnt sure if it was per trailer staying at the track. we will have someone staying with us as they are pulling my car and i am pulling the camper. but after reading what you posted i get where you are coming from. ill buy 2 just to ensure this comes back in the future. the convenience is worth it. and even 100 bucks is still 25% what i would pay in just hotel cost. 

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/8/22 1:04 p.m.

Love this. 

I can't compete this year but will try to come up and camp as a spectator. 

I hate camping.

Tom Suddard
2/8/22 4:53 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

I hate camping.

Here you go:

cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
2/8/22 6:45 p.m.

I hate having multiple options and not being forced to pick any of then

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/22 7:31 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

In reply to surfshibby07

If every attendee says they're staying in your trailer and the entire event buys one camping pass total, then it's going to be very hard to justify the additional expense of hosting camping next year.

I call dibs on last spoon position.

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
2/8/22 8:04 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

I hate camping.

Here you go:

I'll be warming this in my gross hotel microwave while being forced to go outside to smok... 

Really quick somebody learn me on campers? 

Tom Suddard
2/8/22 8:29 p.m.

In reply to Byrneon27 :

They're terrible. Think of the cheapest house stapled to the cheapest truck and you'll have a basic understanding of how bad owning/maintaining/generally living with one is....

BUT, they're also the only way to wake up at the race track with all the comforts of home. You can rent one from a wide variety of RV sharing sites (think Turo but for campers), live in it for the weekend, then return it and not worry about the rest of the ownership experience. This usually costs about $100/night.

Here's mine if it gives you any inspiration:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/2001-ford-f-250/project-f-250-buying-and-restoring-slide-camper-ou/

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
2/8/22 9:15 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Big spoon or little spoon? Spots are filling quickly!

Will camping be available Fri/Sat/Sun nights?

Tom Suddard
2/8/22 9:40 p.m.

Move in Friday afternoon, move out Sunday end of day. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/22 9:53 p.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

Both?  I mean if we get enough it should be like one big spoon circle.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/8/22 10:52 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

I hate camping.

Here you go:

But I love cookies!

hybridmomentspass
hybridmomentspass HalfDork
2/16/22 10:00 a.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to nocones :

Oh definitely, but if most people still stay at the hotel it might be pretty quiet out there. 

Then again, we could have a pretty epic jam session out there if we get enough musician/campers. 

Tom - that brings up a question though: for $50 will the track leave the power on for campers, or will we be on generators only?

Speaking from my personal racing experience at the place, no power outside of personal generators when camping in the pits

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iZmxVmcnI2t1LW3ZpDXYXuQ5dClbpKRXQKsSdMaedFU9Z0BfnpNDiKSimVltsBu7