pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/13/22 7:45 p.m.

Since there are 6 different classed this year I was wondering if the cars need to have their class designation displayed with the door number.

If so how big does the class designation need to be and where should it be displayed?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/22 8:26 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

Since there are 6 different classed this year I was wondering if the cars need to have their class designation displayed with the door number.

If so how big does the class designation need to be and where should it be displayed?

It's in the rules I was just looking at it earlier today. 8inch 1.25 stroke numbers minimum and 4 inch class letters. No tape, and materials used to make numbers don't count in budget.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/13/22 8:58 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I spent way to much money on my numbers/class.  I understand making it cheaper for GRM but damn I'd pay what they paid to get cheaper numbers.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/14/22 8:59 a.m.

I am bringing a sheet of plain white vinyl, scissors, and markers if anyone needs to add class and numbers last minute.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
10/17/22 8:34 a.m.

Anyone know what "1.25 stroke" means? 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/17/22 9:10 a.m.
darkbuddha said:

Anyone know what "1.25 stroke" means? 

Edit (Tom already corrected my post, see below): That's the width of the letter.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/17/22 9:11 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Stroke is the thickness of the lines.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/17/22 9:13 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I spent way to much money on my numbers/class.  I understand making it cheaper for GRM but damn I'd pay what they paid to get cheaper numbers.

That's only part of the reason we made the switch--mostly people kept asking for theme exemptions, or weren't willing to stick stuff to their paint. This lets people choose the material/format that works for them.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/18/22 10:15 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

I am bringing a sheet of plain white vinyl, scissors, and markers if anyone needs to add class and numbers last minute.

I could use some help, bringing my own material at least.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tLWKk9h3tDqNUz5ueFa0TJ9zywfietKZ6j3m4eF5g8FKnWzP1O6pnRnALoJUfVLU