1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/13/20 11:51 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Yep you and I are the two.

I'm gonna have to fix that soon. But I don't know which Ford I'm bringing. I don't even know yet which Ford might be available for sale less than 1 week before the event, spurring me to do a fly and drive to bring it from 3000 miles away as a last-chance parking lot build! cheeky

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/13/20 12:59 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Oh you're brave.  The odds of a Ford working for that ... might as well play the Lottery.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/13/20 1:05 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

What fun is a road trip without the risk of breaking down? Let's see...

I did a fly and drive to get my Cougar, the power brake system malfunctioned intermittently the whole way home but I made it without rear-ending anyone.

I drove my Town Car to Colorado and back, and only had to stop at a gas station and buy 4 quarts of oil to put into it once.

I did a fly and drive for my Focus, and it made it the whole way home with only a couple of occasional malfunctions of the alternator (which didn't fully give out until 3 months later)

The Probe made it to Gainesville and back with only the mild annoyance of being incredibly low. laugh

Nancy Gomes
Nancy Gomes Director of Operations & Events
6/16/20 9:36 a.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

This is from my contact, the Sales Manager at the the hotel: 

Let me assure you all that the hotel is fully functional and operational. We are following the CDC guidelines which includes extra cleaning, sanitizing procedures for all areas of the hotel. All rooms are deep cleaned and sanitized after every stay. The pool is open and sanitized throughout the day and evening.

For now the breakfast is a grab and go bag given out at the Front Desk which contains a whole piece of fruit, breakfast bar, pastry, and bottled water. This all may change by October though. We are certainly hoping that if business increases, as we hope, we will be able to offer the hot breakfasts as before (we may just have to have our staff serve the food wearing gloves and masks).

We are also servicing buffets (up to 50 people per the Governor’s orders) while maintaining social distancing guidelines as well (space between tables, etc). Our staff serves all buffets (for now) wearing gloves and masks. Again, this may all change as time goes by.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/16/20 1:55 p.m.

In reply to Nancy Gomes :

Thanks Nancy!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/16/20 3:30 p.m.

Has anyone mentioned how awesome Nancy is lately?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
6/16/20 4:42 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

We are lucky to have her.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/16/20 5:49 p.m.

Thanks Nancy

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
6/19/20 8:05 a.m.
bobzilla said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

No hugging. Dammit. 

For the record I am always open for hugging. Just be aware in a serial hugger so I will have other hugger cooties

Hello, my name is Andrew.  I am a Hugger.  If you see me and are not comfortable hugging during this difficult time, I will not be offended if you offer an elbow bump or jester for me to not hug.  Sorry but I have not been able to curb my compulsive hugging tendencies. 

My commitment to you - If I (or any of my family) become sick, is exposed to someone with Covid, or has a fever 14 days before the event, we will excuse ourselves from traveling down to the event.

Stampie (FS)
6/19/20 12:11 p.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

If I had known that I would have been getting Andrew hugs for years now.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) Dork
6/20/20 5:01 p.m.
slowbird said:

I drove my Town Car to Colorado and back, and only had to stop at a gas station and buy 4 quarts of oil to put into it once.

Should I bring a spare 4.6? Oil ain't optional. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
6/20/20 5:58 p.m.

I've always told my kids...

Cars run much better with no gas than with no oil. 

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
6/20/20 6:48 p.m.
Bent-Valve (FS) said:
slowbird said:

Should I bring a spare 4.6? Oil ain't optional. 

Eh, it'll be fine if you oil it up at the start of the month. I forgot to check my levels before the road trip. It burns it off at a slow enough rate not to worry me usually. cheeky

admc58
admc58 Reader
7/1/20 8:05 p.m.

As a Serial Pro Driver, I will be there  with my P100 3m mask and fresh gloves for each car I drive. 

If I get exposed with in 14 days of the event I will bow out. 

I miss Hugs!!! 

Alan 

Stampie (FS)
7/1/20 10:03 p.m.

In reply to admc58 :

Damn it I gave you and your wife beers but you didn't even offer a hug in exchange.  Actually now that I think about it, I understand.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/6/20 5:42 p.m.

Seeing as how Florida is trying their best to be the covid capital of the world, we're out.  See you in 2021, I hope.  

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/6/20 7:02 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Seeing as how Florida is trying their best to be the covid capital of the world, we're out.  See you in 2021, I hope.  

If it makes any difference Alachua County (where Gainesville is) is testing positive at 3.6% compared to roughly 12% for the state. The host Hotel is in one of the zip codes with the lowest number of positives in Gainesville (92 of the 1,632 people positive in the County). That 1,632 positives is also out of roughly 277,000 residents in the County (with over 45,000 tested). 

Edited to add: Masks are required in this county as is social distancing in all open establishments. There is a hotline to report violators and code enforcement is visiting businesses to make sure the employees are wearing them. 

If you are willing to travel and are assessing risk, Gainesville is not "Florida". 

and to edit the edit: Out of those 1632 positive cases in Alachua County we have had a total of 12 deaths (of which I am pretty sure most came from a local nursing home).

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/6/20 7:52 p.m.

Sorry to hear that but understand. You will be missed!

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
7/6/20 8:05 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Sorry to hear that but understand. You will be missed!

+1. I was really looking forward to seeing the build but I understand.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/7/20 6:54 a.m.

In reply to MrJoshua :

It's also that it's almost 1000 miles away, with 2 kids who need to go to the bathroom constantly.  If the virus is still raging or there's a resurgence or "2nd wave" I don't feel like i could in good conscience make that trip, stopping along the way at truck stops with other people who are coming and going everywhere, and then bring whatever i may come into contact with to all my friends at the event.  

believe me, it's a tough decision to make.  I thought about going alone, but the event isn't about racing it's about the Challenge family, and Carli and our kids are part of that, so it would be ruined for me without them. 

plus when Colin heard no valve cover racing he dead ass looked me in the eye and said "I'm not going"

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
7/7/20 7:44 a.m.

I respect that decision (and how hard it is to make)

I'm still on the fence. I have don't really well managing it appropriately, but am not sure of my confidence level there. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/7/20 8:47 a.m.

I will say I am not sure what I would do if the last thing of the year to even look forward to is neutered to the point of nothing or flat out cancelled. Seriously.... on a ledge here. I've been at work for 3 months working with the same people and starting YESTERDAY we are all forced to wear a mask 100% of the 9 hours we are here, no break room use and no interactions that aren't 100% necessary. 

Folks, I'm about to berkeleying lose it here. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
7/7/20 9:05 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

You must work in Marion County.  Sorry 'bout that.

Interesting times we live in.  Take care of yourself.  I was able to see family members this past weekend I hadn't seen since Christmas.  That greatly helped out my mental health.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
7/7/20 9:42 a.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

We just came back from NC last week. Saw a high school friend that I was close with back then, but life and 25 years passed. Saw her and her husband and man was that a great feeling. Come back to Mayor HogE36 M3's shenanigans and my work being idiotic. Thank god I live in a different county because I'd be likely to storm the mayoral residence at this point with pitchforks and torches. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
7/7/20 4:57 p.m.

Now you’ve got me wondering if I should try to convince wae to let me use his RV for the trip, so I can isolate a bit better on the trip down.  PA was doing great on the whole mask use and social distancing at rest areas when I picked up the Impala, but Ohio was not.  Betting KY, TN, GA, and FL might be more similar to Ohio.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nVLuIQcGV1eyrabbvx8KSwja8Z5DWi71obxO5HxFjchYCiEUYwcM6yl5h5xYPlBk