1 2
dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/15/11 2:47 p.m.

I acquired the car, and I like it and all but not really my cup of beans.... I've got my eye on an other car, so I'm offering this one up for sale. Heres a short list about the car. Some of you say it at the AutoX on the 25th.

Location: Sutton, WV Year: 1992 Make: Mazda Model: MX-3 Engine: 2.2 Turbo (F2T) from '88 Mazda MX-6 GT Transmission: Manual 5 Speed (H-Series) Wheels: 3rd Gen RX-7 Twin Turbo 16"x8" Tires: 225/50/16 Nitto NT-450's Suspension: 5-Lug Swap from '88 MX-6 GT (non 4-wheel steering)

Ported & Polished Head, Garrett Hybrid Ballbearing Turbo, MSD-6AL Ignition with Boost Retard, 3" Downpipe, Ebay Front Mount Intercooler, TurboXS RFL Blowoff Valve, 2.5" Hard intercooler Piping, New Plugs, Wires, Cap Rotor, Brakes (front & Rear), New Right Rear Caliper, New Exhaust, Tenzo R Racing Seats, Bride Knockoff Shift Boot and Quick Release Steering Wheel

CLEAR TITLE in Hand

Needs Paint. I have reciepts for everything I've did to the car, currently tagged and driven. Excellent body (odometer reads 20,xxx miles) which I believe to be actual as the car is in great shape underneath, inside and out. Unknown mileage on engine but the guy I got it from is who built it and is VERY reputiable.

Consider Trades for X1/9, Corrado G60, XR4Ti, or other interesting somethings you don't see everyday that are in running condition.

email me for more info/pics.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
7/15/11 3:03 p.m.

Oh E36 M3.

Dan, how much are you wanting in terms of cash for this thing?

Trade more a MORE modded MX6 GT?

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
7/15/11 3:05 p.m.

Ben, buy it before I have to explain to the wife why I have to go to West Virginia.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/15/11 3:05 p.m.

Check your email ;)

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
7/15/11 3:07 p.m.

Man, that would look awesome in my garage. I hope it finds a good home.

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/15/11 3:26 p.m.

Tom, you should buy it. Seriously. Really.

It would make life easier on me. I'm having a serious conundrum right now trying to figure out what to do. I can't just ADD another car, so one would have to go. The only one i "can" get rid of is the MX6, and i really can't decide if i would be able to swap an F2T MX6 for an F2T MX3.

Dan, how much boost is this thing pushing these days?

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
7/15/11 3:33 p.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Tom, you should buy it. Seriously. Really. It would make life easier on me. I'm having a serious conundrum right now trying to figure out what to do. I can't just ADD another car, so one would have to go. The only one i "can" get rid of is the MX6, and i really can't decide if i would be able to swap an F2T MX6 for an F2T MX3.

That's way too similar to my situation. The only "flexible" car in my fleet is the Turbo Miata, and I'm really trying to hold onto it. (SWMBO is ready to see it go away, my wallet agrees, but I'm not ready. Does that make her SWSBO?)

Seriously, good luck with the sale. I believe it's going to make a very nice car for somebody.

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/15/11 3:39 p.m.

Dan, does the heat and all the little ancillaries work on this thing? (minus air conditioning i assume)

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/15/11 3:39 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Tom, you should buy it. Seriously. Really. It would make life easier on me. I'm having a serious conundrum right now trying to figure out what to do. I can't just ADD another car, so one would have to go. The only one i "can" get rid of is the MX6, and i really can't decide if i would be able to swap an F2T MX6 for an F2T MX3.
That's way too similar to my situation. The only "flexible" car in my fleet is the Turbo Miata, and I'm really trying to hold onto it. (SWMBO is ready to see it go away, my wallet agrees, but I'm not ready. Does that make her SWSBO?) Seriously, good luck with the sale. I believe it's going to make a very nice car for somebody.

I hear you.... i also have.... 5 cars. And live in an apartment.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/15/11 3:56 p.m.

Yes, everything works on it. LIghts, heat, and even PS (made a new PS hose and workin the air out that got sucked in). I've put a lil over 3K miles on it and no real issues to speak of.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/15/11 3:58 p.m.

that turbo is still runnin 8-9 psi. Still gotta repair that manifold to turbo stud, but its soo fun to drive its hard to let it sit..lol

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/15/11 4:12 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: that turbo is still runnin 8-9 psi. Still gotta repair that manifold to turbo stud, but its soo fun to drive its hard to let it sit..lol

Ohhh... it's THAT stud. I didn't make the connection in your other thread, my apologies. (I may have missed a reply, i'll check it.)

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/15/11 4:43 p.m.

Also possibly has a Colt Cam in it ;)

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/15/11 4:48 p.m.
dansxr2 wrote: Also possibly has a Colt Cam in it ;)

If so... i will give you a stock cam + $100 just for that.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/15/11 4:52 p.m.

lol... Rather see it all go together. how many inches of vac should a stock car with no vac leaks pull? this pulls 16-17"

92CelicaHalfTrac
7/15/11 4:54 p.m.

Mine idles high because i've been too lazy to replace my coolant temp sensor on my throttle body. (Or just... you know... swap my other intake manifold over)

But i pull 20.5" at idle. (@ 1500rpms)

At normal idle, i'll see 19".

Basically, i see pretty far on both ends of the boost gauge.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/15/11 6:57 p.m.

While I would absoFOOTINlutely love this I just got stiffed on a $2500 payday. Man oh man that speaks to me.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
7/15/11 7:13 p.m.

How much?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/15/11 8:32 p.m.

Asking 3, but ill go lower or entertain trades Miata, xr4ti, corrado, x1/9, honda, ect

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/16/11 3:20 p.m.

Tempting isn't she???

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
7/18/11 1:47 p.m.

Entertain me with trades bump...

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
7/18/11 2:28 p.m.

Only thing I have is a 97 ES300 and a 94 Probe GT, and guess which one I don't want to part with?

Love the car, though.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
8/30/11 12:45 a.m.

Bump... 2800 and I'll throw in a set of 15" steelies with Hankook Stickies on the front and Toyo RA-1's for the back... Anyone?

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
8/30/11 1:32 p.m.

I can't believe no ones fist fighting over this :-/

dansxr2
dansxr2 Reader
9/5/11 6:42 p.m.

To the Top Bump... i'll entertain trades... Civic, Delsol, VW Jetta/GTI/Corrado, XR4ti, Hell another Capri XR2... What ya got???

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2gNVrNVdtDlsw1kXA5KsjoFgP5SBHbZpV2ye4ksMmffd5rikIKO33jtexBXkgQce