Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/21 3:47 p.m.

Anyone got a link or a picture of the sheet they handed out?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/24/21 3:57 p.m.
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/24/21 4:03 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Tya Sir

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
10/24/21 8:29 p.m.

Hmm, a Bugatti and a Metropolitan.
Where are those builds?

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/24/21 8:39 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

Hmm, a Bugatti and a Metropolitan.
Where are those builds?

those are stolen from the pics thread pinned at the top of the page

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/24/21 8:44 p.m.

With the roll bar on that metropolitan I was expecting to see Cookie Monster hanging off of it for one of the autoX runs. 

Mr_Asa
10/24/21 10:32 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Windshield frame isn't sufficient for rollover protection.  2" over helmet to the front of the car where there is a sufficient frame, and voila.  Said they were gonna be working on it. College team and last year is responsible for it.

Gotta be healthy for the creative juices.  "Thats last year's fault, we are gonna fix it and not make any errors this year."

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
10/24/21 11:34 p.m.

Wait, the Metro is now mid-engine!
Looks fairly clean, now if only they had kept it all British I would award them double points.

Too bad this event is so very very far away for me.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
10/25/21 7:06 a.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

Richard, I'd suggest that you fly in and enjoy the event even if the distance precludes entering a car. I've attended the Challenge eight or nine times but have only entered a car once. It's worth it. I've made new friends there and learned a lot from poking around the cars and asking tons of questions. It's a great group of people to spend a few days with and has become my annual vacation/reunion. Try it...you'll like it.

Mr_Asa
10/25/21 7:11 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

You can even volunteer to join a team and just help them all day.  I did that last year and this year with Team BDE and the F-Dat.  You don't help much with the build when you are on the other side of the country, but the help in person can be invaluable if you know what you are doing

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/25/21 9:38 a.m.

Some observations from the final results:  

The Shelby Dodge Boys are always a factor!  They took 4th overall in Neon.  This included them getting the 3rd fastest drag time of 12.483...in a Neon!  Lets here more about that!  

Nelsons were #1 in drag  but a low autox time.  Were they autoxing on drag tires?

#2 in drag was the 24th place finisher, a BMW 325.  Poor autox and poor concourse scores.  What are the details of this car?  Any pictures?

Fastest autox was:
Bradley
MR2 Spyder Cart
Integra.  What more do we know about the Integra?  Pictures?  

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/25/21 9:52 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Neon was a very well sorted 2.4 turbo. It was ROWDY.

Nelsons only made like 3 runs instead of the full 6. Not sure why or what tires.

The BMW was hurting. It only made 2 drag passes and might have puffed the turbo at the end of #2. They also didn't use all 6 autox runs. The whole car was about as sloppy as turbo LS builds get, in the best awesomest way possible. 

The 'Teg was supercharged and extremely well sorted. As I understood it, just a very well-bought car. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/25/21 10:07 a.m.
Mr_Asa
10/25/21 10:07 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Teg was a former Challenge car I think? If I remember details correctly the Challenge participant passed away kinda unexpectedly and a good friend bought it from the his widow.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oKHUXA2tCZn3L0zAd8hFXG8GJeLS5U68fPxHn5DiXDIIZnPz8JA0G19AZ0zgFYIS