1 2
dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
9/23/21 12:09 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to dculberson :

I'm a believer in truth. If I'm being a semantics shiny happy person I'd hope that someone would tell me so.

"truth" is different from "rude." I don't believe calling someone an shiny happy person is called for, unless you've got that kind of relationship, and pretty much never on the internet in public. Clearly they don't have that kind of relationship.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/23/21 12:26 p.m.

i concur with the esteemed Challenge veterans above, $500 is a fair starting point for the red Fiero.

JohnnyTwinTurbo
JohnnyTwinTurbo New Reader
9/23/21 9:00 p.m.

Thank you all.  Totally on board with $500 as delivered and the money spent on new parts and materials to refresh the old parts being on top of that.  Hope we can keep the motivation up and be there next year and I'll work on getting the students to do a build thread.

wheels777
wheels777 UltraDork
9/25/21 5:00 a.m.

$500 is fair and I would cast my vote in favor of that FMV assignment.  I have bought more for less.  I have bought less for more.  

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/2/21 8:52 a.m.

One question. Was the car given free and unencumbered or did you provide a tax statement for the previous owner as a charity tax deduction? That would then be the value for me. Just gave our old DE car to our auto tech center here at the high school. In the past when I worked at the tech center we'd give KBB to the person donating the car for tax purposes. Just my .02.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zKtRTs8xNvh33OtVOsb21c9xsBFl4dBCbmGjpMDQ7ZG6ruSEztmuQcMokdJYMbio