1 2
cdowd
cdowd Reader
3/8/13 1:12 p.m.

In reply to cutter67: I hate to see that good looking 540i get cut up, but i am really looking forward to a build thread with that 6.

Chris

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/8/13 1:24 p.m.

In reply to cutter67:

i support your vision. E24 V8/6MT will be a beautiful beast when it's done!

OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
3/8/13 2:23 p.m.

Darn I would have done a trade for my e30 And drove the 540. Hate to see it parted for no real reason.

ccrelan
ccrelan Reader
3/8/13 2:45 p.m.

I am selling my 95 E300d tomorrow and am going to be down in Bethesda, MD area next week for work for a few days. My mom now lives in NH so I could possibly work around the title stuff....

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
3/8/13 3:07 p.m.

I did have a board member call and offer cash today. I appreciate the offer for the quick move but with all the interesting trades I'll think I'll stick to the trades.

Ill work down the list if the car remains available. Will let you guys know on Monday after QuickDraw Cutter comes to see the car.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/8/13 5:49 p.m.

I did a little searching and found this little tidbit about how to get around the FLA COD. Don't know if it is true or not.

This is my advice and I am telling you this from experience, A tow truck company can tow cars and then re-title them if the person does not come to pick them up legally in the state of fl. Well with that said you might want to befriend a towtruck driver and see what they can do to help you out. If you cant find one I know a guy who did my motorcycle for me and it took about a month because you have to leave it with him etc etc, but its legal and he then will sign it back over to you with a clear title. If thats not an option from what I understand car dealerships can do the same so find someone with a dealer license and see if they can help you out.
dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/8/13 5:51 p.m.

I am probably way down the list and I Don't have anything to trade but I am going to see how MA handles COD's If by chance everyone bails and my name peculates to the top let me know.

alchemist
alchemist New Reader
3/9/13 8:18 a.m.

KY will take a Florida COD and issue a salvage title.

I know I'm last on the list but I'm game for it.....and have cash of course available.

Does it need to be towed or can she drive?

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
3/9/13 9:01 a.m.

Car drives fantastic. All the damage is cosmetic.

First responder coming to check it out tomorrow.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
3/10/13 6:41 p.m.

Deal pending with OutsideGroove.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
4/3/13 8:18 a.m.

Made the trade last week with OutsideGroove. Had a great time on the road with my 11 y/o son and have decided to make the road trip an annual event. A '90 325is with extra parts has made a new home in my driveway. Plans will be to put it back to original-ish showroom condition as a potential first car for my boy in 4 years. We both love the car and will start a project thread.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/3/13 8:24 a.m.

great trade both ways. nice work.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce HalfDork
4/3/13 8:43 a.m.

More pics from the trip just for giggles.

Last goodbyes.

Note sign in background. Fine tour we had there.

On the road home. Stuffed to the gills. Rear end behind my sons seat had us riding pretty low.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
4/4/13 6:48 a.m.

good for you....looks like a great road trip....we have to set up a meeting for all the guys here in the DC/ Baltimore area sometime....let me know if you need any help some night bringing the e30 back to her former glory

Mark

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/4/13 7:04 a.m.

There was a girl here some time ago that put that drivetrain in a RHD Ferrari 250 kit car.

That's it, just trying to help.

OutsideGroove
OutsideGroove New Reader
4/7/13 9:27 p.m.

Been having fun with the 540i as well. Feels like a spaceship compared to the e30. I have to keep googling stuff to see what does what. I will admit though I do miss my e30 and I keep seeing them around the area so I am sure I will one day be back in one. Damn cars are like drugs once your hooked on them. What they lack in creature comforts they make up in character.

Svenska94Aero
Svenska94Aero New Reader
4/8/13 10:42 p.m.

Nice to see it local. I live about 2 miles from the brewery! Looking forward to seeing this around!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yvGdf0gR32E6veSfFTLHVsVTGtBG0fHnJfjcbjKp975N4lEvCP8BDeKvUG5R5TvH