1 2
Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/23/22 7:29 p.m.

We're home.  One advantage of being 1.5 hours away from the track.  Enjoyed it this weekend especially seeing all you guys.  I don't remember going to bed last night.  Hopefully I didn't do a striptease on the bar.  I am wondering because I had a lot more request for hugs this morning.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/23/22 8:01 p.m.

I think you sibyls only worry about that, if you got less hugs... 

Anyone with self inflicted eye trama today?

Glad you weekend went well, congrats on a decent finish, despite a car that didn't finish!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/23/22 8:24 p.m.

I am home safe.  Pretty much driving back tomorrow for the track day.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/23/22 8:26 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

I am home safe.  Pretty much driving back tomorrow for the track day.

Same here, home for the evening, back to the Firm in the morning. 

a_florida_man
a_florida_man GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/23/22 8:57 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

you should be taking that timing cover off.... just sayin

:)

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
10/23/22 9:01 p.m.

It seems like the hotel was where the action was. Which is great! I would have wandered over but we were locked in at the track. 

I made it to Clanton, Alabama. Aiming for north west Arkansas tomorrow and home Tuesday assuming the weather holds up. 

Stampie
10/23/22 9:06 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

I didn't get to see you.  Or did I?  I know a few people said hi when I was working on the car but I was so focused I can't remember who they were.

pres589 (djronnebaum)
10/23/22 9:10 p.m.

We spoke. Well, I spoke, you seemed pretty focused in the job at hand so I decided to just take pictures. I was wearing the orange shirt with the mug on the back taking pictures with a film camera yesterday, you were working a corner at the auto-x. I asked about the Mustang, you said you were waiting for repair work with JB Weld. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
10/23/22 9:19 p.m.

We made it home. The crossfire successfully drove 300 miles to and from the challenge and competed. All it (technically) needs is a wheel bearing. Maybe i can give chrysler another chance now... 

Stampie
10/23/22 9:54 p.m.
pres589 (djronnebaum) said:

We spoke. Well, I spoke, you seemed pretty focused in the job at hand so I decided to just take pictures. I was wearing the orange shirt with the mug on the back taking pictures with a film camera yesterday, you were working a corner at the auto-x. I asked about the Mustang, you said you were waiting for repair work with JB Weld. 

Oh.  I was so confused when you walked up.  I assumed you were GRM photographer because I recognized the face and saw a camera.  Yeah working that corner was interesting.  That morning I showed up late because well E36 M3 my car wasn't running so they told me to wander out and see who needed help.  I walked up to corner 4 there and saw two younger guys.  Asked if they needed help and they said they couldn't figure out the radio.  I picked it up and hit the button and asked for a radio check when both of them said "Oh that button."  Asked them how many autocrosses they had worked and they said none.  Ok then yeah you need help.  Asked if they minded me running the flag and radio and they chased cones.  Quick agreement.  Them happy they didn't have to do official stuff.  Me happy that my old ass didn't have to run.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/23/22 9:55 p.m.

Just pulled into home. Success!

pres589 (djronnebaum)
10/23/22 10:01 p.m.

I should have introduced myself. I really hope I got some good photos at that corner. I have a hunch that there's some good pictures in there but I need to get the film developed first. Will post up good shots ASAP. 

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
10/23/22 10:44 p.m.

Flight delay. Ugh. ATL airport has a lot of interesting characters.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/23/22 10:51 p.m.

Just arrived. 

Nice dinner at Las Margaritas with a good group of the guys going to the FIRM tomorrow, then bombed down 75 battling idiots, bikers, construction, and more idiots.  Just unloaded most of my stuff, quick shower and work in the morning.

... that sounds like a horrible morning.  Can I get a re-run of the weekend?

J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
10/24/22 1:32 a.m.

Finally back home. The journey is part of experience, right?

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/24/22 3:22 p.m.

After being the last one through the gates, stopped for a bite on the way home last night.

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/24/22 3:59 p.m.

Home! 

Good to meet everybody and put some names to faces. 

Do we really get to do this again in 6 months?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/24/22 4:05 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Has that last bit been officially announced?

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/24/22 5:53 p.m.

Home, unloaded, showered and drinking a beer

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/24/22 6:28 p.m.

I'm in the back of an uber, having just left the Philly Airport. Will be home in 20 mins.

Good to see everyone and hang out for the weekend. Hopefully I can make it back down in May...

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
10/24/22 7:46 p.m.

It was great to finally meet a bunch of you from the board.  Thanks to you and Gayle  for your gracious hospitality.

Team LoPrep just made it home and got all the ish unloaded and trailer stored.

Can't wait to do it again!

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
10/24/22 7:49 p.m.

Just walked in the front door. Had my first Buckees experience and that was pretty well life changing. Thanks as always for an incredible weekend! 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
10/24/22 8:46 p.m.

Rode through about 30 minutes worth of rain on I-40 in Arkansas, stopped in a little town for the night, should be home tomorrow afternoon. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/24/22 9:53 p.m.

Glad to hear that everyone's getting back home safe and sound. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
10/25/22 7:09 a.m.

Easy drive home after a full track day. We ran so many laps in the Miata that it burned through more gas than it took to drive 300 miles home to Atlanta. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BLw1Hcjb1WtYUcYmOcw0FQCmieVAtLcU0iby48HefAWHBQzm4BvPd6b4HylSEtaE