CTeo
CTeo New Reader
1/29/22 8:19 p.m.

Hi all, wanted to check on what you guys think about todays accomplishments and how it affects budget.

At the local U-Pull-It yard today, they had the all you can carry for $75 day.  A pretty hefty load was picked up today, and the majority will be going on a challenge car, however I also pulled a bunch of personal car pieces, and pieces to also sell.

Out the door price was $75 and included some axles, spindles, a supercharger, and a steering rack which will be going on the challenge car, along with two sets of brake calipers for personal use, a wing, new door latches, interior bits, some exhaust tube, and an ecu to rebuild and sell.

Is it within the spirit of the competition to sell the ecu and maybe calipers and recoup the $75 and then in essence have those other components be free? Or is it outside the scope since I would be selling a part that was never intended to be on the challenge car, and therefore I cannot recoup the lot.  Curious how this "package deal" is viewed by other competitors. Thanks in advance

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/29/22 9:01 p.m.

Absolutely you can recoup items from the lot you bought today to get the $75 back - unless you have already hit recoup maximum. 

Sounds like a good score! What's the car? Is there a build thread?

CTeo
CTeo New Reader
1/29/22 9:12 p.m.

I am actually a part of Georgia Tech's Wreck Racing, so this is all part of the S10 with the Acura TL J32 in the bed

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/30/22 10:50 a.m.
CTeo said:

I am actually a part of Georgia Tech's Wreck Racing, so this is all part of the S10 with the Acura TL J32 in the bed

Sweet.

Was it the diff that let go this year? I can't wait for you all to add a supercharger.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/30/22 12:30 p.m.

They sheared an axle right at the splines into the diff. Not sure how a supercharger will remedy that devil

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
1/30/22 12:41 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

They sheared an axle right at the splines into the diff. Not sure how a supercharger will remedy that devil

All cars are better with 100 extra horsepower, right?

bigben
bigben Reader
1/30/22 10:31 p.m.
CTeo said:

At the local U-Pull-It yard today, they had the all you can carry for $75 day.  A pretty hefty load was picked up today. . .

Out the door price was $75 and included some axles, spindles, a supercharger, and a steering rack which will be going on the challenge car, along with two sets of brake calipers for personal use, a wing, new door latches, interior bits, some exhaust tube, and an ecu to rebuild and sell.

I think CTeo needs to post a picture carrying all of those parts at once before we can approve of recoup being applied.wink

CTeo
CTeo New Reader
1/31/22 2:13 p.m.

Carrying is actually Kandhan the Treasurer of Wreck Racing, along with a few spotters. I decided it wasn't worth my back when an enthusiastic freshman is willing to put the weight on his shoulders. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/31/22 4:16 p.m.

What a legend!

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/31/22 5:34 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
maschinenbau said:

All cars are better with 100 extra horsepower, right?

If you can't hook up, you can't break driveline component? Or some other backwards GRM thinking.

bigben
bigben Reader
1/31/22 6:07 p.m.

In reply to CTeo :

I'm more impressed at the problem solving of how to hold it all together in a way that it can be carried than in the actual weight.

Josh
Josh New Reader
2/6/22 12:46 p.m.
CTeo said:

CTeo said:

Carrying is actually Kandhan the Treasurer of Wreck Racing, along with a few spotters. I decided it wasn't worth my back when an enthusiastic freshman is willing to put the weight on his shoulders. 

So that's why I can never find anything when I go to the PNPs up there. Nice score!

fastoldfart
fastoldfart Reader
3/15/22 6:39 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Well i was always told you only break stuff if you it hook up so this seems like a case of, more power means less hook therefore less broken stuff.

This theory never worked for me though....

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sWEEzLbkDmYmLM2F3aFerhnDR7gGcmsUpgoptgayChVDBRSahF2o3uw8yxI17Tce