TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
6/5/23 9:03 a.m.

Can you use KBB for FMV? Aren't they a "corporate listing" of values that everyone goes to before buying a vehicle?

The problem with peer to peer, is people ask pie in the sky prices and you don't actually know what the car sold for.

I am trying to find FMV for my '91 Fastiva ...  there aren't currently any on EBay or BAT (the only one listed on there was 'Busa swapped one for 20K).

I bought it 17 years ago for $995 and it is currently not running or as nice as it was then...I would like to get it back on the road and Challenge friendly as I am a cheapskate at heart (says the guy restoring a Europa ... yes I have issues) and I think the Challenge would be a blast ( no illusions of winning). Maybe a Fiat 500 Abarth copy.....sort of ... or another swap depending on FMV and what is left in the budget.

Is my only option for FMV to get 5 members to agree on a value?

Thanks!

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/23 9:14 a.m.

Post pics

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 HalfDork
6/5/23 9:36 a.m.

A rough non  running Festiva is we-buy-your-car scrap guy FMV in my book or $250 whichever is lower. tiny OBD1 cat, no desirable parts from a non enthusiast recycler perspective. It's worth its weight in beercanification and nothing more to 99.9% of the country. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
6/5/23 9:52 a.m.

I'm assuming you want a starting point lower than $995?

The 5 member process is awfully easy...

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
6/5/23 10:04 a.m.

Of course! Do I just need to post pics ?

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
6/5/23 11:55 a.m.

Yeah, KBB is a no-go. Post pics, get people to agree on a value. Much better and meets rules requirements.

TurboFource
TurboFource HalfDork
6/5/23 12:08 p.m.

Will do!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
IZiBH6f1L3IJzOk991ChsYXkX3OnLDsSmI2fFzrHKWtuc4qZ9iWgc3hdMMdcxGFq