44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
10/23/08 7:14 p.m.

44dwarfs shocks

Hi gang.

Cleaning out the shop trying to down size the rented space.....8 bays is too many......

Anyway i have 5 complete shock spring set ups and more i need to get rid of. theres 5 complete units, one adjuster, two spare shocks, and 4 more springs. THe shocks are off an old Dwarf car there bigger then what is used now. Gabriel P8015 / 640158 theses have 3 damping rates, you compress the shock all the way and turn the shaft lissen of clicks. 11.5 center to center compressed and 16.25 full extended. 1/2 hiems on top and 1/2 rubber bushing on the bottom. Boxed up there just about 62LBS Now one of the spare shocks seems to have the top bolt welded on at an slight angle or the shaft is tweeked way up high. Theses are twin tube low / no presure shocks and as such will need to be stored up right for a while and stroked to move the fluid back where it belongs as they've been on there side at least 5 years on the shelf. Shocks were made to order by Linblad chasis in Ma. They cut the shaft and tig on a bolt for the hiems.

Now for the bad. The spring rates are ??? I have no idea! most springs are stamped on the pig tails i find nothing. They look to be around the 250 to 350 range.

Picture at http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeyjt5o/ under gsxr parts down the bottom

Make offer.

44dwarf find me on Gmail

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
10/24/08 6:15 a.m.

I don't need them nor want to keep storing them. All offers will be considered even the ludicrous ones.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
10/24/08 10:36 a.m.

I can't find any information on those Gabriel shocks using those numbers. You sure they're Gabriels?

I'm vaguely interested if the springs would fit a Spitfire, or the shocks maybe somehow fit my Virago or some other sillyness. But I can't find any information with the listed numbers.

Looking on your page, I thought you'd sold that trailer.

tnturbo
tnturbo New Reader
10/24/08 12:04 p.m.

how long are the springs

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
10/24/08 1:52 p.m.

yes those are the numbers stamped in and the garbiel name too. I had no luck finding them on the web ither... I know Linblad still sells them

I'll measure the free height tonight

Trailer was sold but kid who said he'd be back fractured his arm no sale out of work 6-8 weeks so next buyer...

sachilles
sachilles New Reader
10/24/08 3:31 p.m.

hhmmmm, maybe I'm mostly looking at them to mock up my suspension for my mini/vtec project. Let me do a little research....do you know what the uncompressed height of current dwarf stuff is? 16.25 may be longer than I want.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
10/24/08 8:25 p.m.

Okay. Theses springs are 10 inches at rest 2 3/8 ID with ~3 1/8 OD

Curently most use Small Body or SB shocks that take 1 7/8 springs. Pro makes the cheapest in cost at $64 for the shock $35-$45 for the adjuster kit there are 8 inch and 10 inch springs availible 5,6,7,and 8 inch stroke shocks with 6 being the most common.

The large springs were on a car i bought and cut off the front clip years back and redid it using the 17/8 stuff

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
10/25/08 8:04 a.m.

PM sent

44Dwarf
44Dwarf Reader
10/26/08 8:31 a.m.

SOLD!

Thank you for all the inquiries.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg HalfDork
10/26/08 8:55 a.m.