1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/22 9:25 p.m.
Toot said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I haven't received anything yet

Oh it must be your email I'd replied to earlier, check your spam folder as well.

GameboyRMH
5/1/22 9:40 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
GameboyRMH said:

Replied, prices are all in USD, for anyone else who may be wondering.

E36 M3, should have checked here before sending. Mine converted to Canada Bucks.

Once it equates to the correct amount in USD the currency doesn't really matter, either can work.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/1/22 10:42 p.m.

Sent!

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/2/22 12:07 a.m.

I'm intrigued and am thinking about how I might be able to work this into my plans. Currently I was only thinking about flying down to spectate this year, but if I could figure out a solution then there is no reason to not stick around for a track day, too... is there a cut off date for commitment or number limit I need to know about?

I guess I kinda  do have a habit of renting fast cars and doing really stupid E36 M3 with them. It has literally been decades since I have been party to wrecking one on track, covering it up and committing massive insurance fraud so I suppose it isn't going to happen again?

GameboyRMH
5/2/22 8:18 a.m.
tb said:

I'm intrigued and am thinking about how I might be able to work this into my plans. Currently I was only thinking about flying down to spectate this year, but if I could figure out a solution then there is no reason to not stick around for a track day, too... is there a cut off date for commitment or number limit I need to know about?

The hard cutoff is on October 10th, this is when the final payment to the FIRM is due, we'd need to set a cutoff some time in the week before (3rd-7th) to give everyone time to make their remaining payments.

I'd also been wondering about maximum entries at their track days and haven't been able to find any information about that online, I'll ask about this next time I contact them about the deposit payment.

(Edit to correct cutoff dates)

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/2/22 9:42 a.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Thanks for the prompt info, I knew you would have some info for me. That gives me some time to figure out if I can arrange an actual car of some kind to use while down there...

I don't really want to do anything crazy stupid, but if there was a local challenger or lemons team or whatever that rents out their car to so i could chill at 8/10 and have fun then maybe someone here would have a lead for me...

Toot
Toot New Reader
5/2/22 8:05 p.m.

Sent

GameboyRMH
5/3/22 2:11 p.m.

Regarding the maximum entries, I got an answer back -  the only limit is how crowded we want to make it cheeky

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/3/22 3:00 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

Regarding the maximum entries, I got an answer back -  the only limit is how crowded we want to make it cheeky

Which can be a safety issue. It's a very narrow track. I'm not worried, though. 

I have confidence that we're going to be less of a risk to each other than just showing up at an open track day with random people. 
That's a factor in my decision to participate. 

GameboyRMH
5/6/22 3:03 p.m.

Should have the deposit paid by Monday evening, almost got it done today but my contact there was out of office early.

GameboyRMH
5/10/22 8:59 a.m.

Track day is GOOOOOOO

Depositors will get an email later today.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/22 3:00 p.m.

hell yeah!

Toot
Toot New Reader
5/10/22 4:30 p.m.

You the man

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/10/22 9:04 p.m.

Might be a little late in asking this but I've never done a track day.  Can I pay extra to have an instructor ride along especially to teach me the ropes?  I'll need to learn proper point by etiquette since I'll probably be in my stock NA.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/10/22 10:27 p.m.

Good news. I some questions. 

How many registrants do we have? 

Are we open to having non forum members attend?

GameboyRMH
5/10/22 11:21 p.m.
Stampie said:

Might be a little late in asking this but I've never done a track day.  Can I pay extra to have an instructor ride along especially to teach me the ropes?  I'll need to learn proper point by etiquette since I'll probably be in my stock NA.

Yes you can, it's an extra $100 though, to be paid at the event from what I understand. I'll double check with the FIRM on this next time I contact them.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) said:

Good news. I some questions. 

How many registrants do we have? 

Are we open to having non forum members attend?

We have 10 right now, no problem if non-forum-members want to attend.

Toot
Toot New Reader
5/11/22 6:06 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Most people let their pride get in the way of an instructor but the best thing you can do is get one.  I try to get one at every new track if possible.  You will benefit greatly from one.  I try to get a instructor/coach every chance I can to keep improving times.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/22 6:17 p.m.

In reply to Toot :

I am more afraid of doing something stupid in front of the fellow GRMers than my pride.  I mean I know I can be an shiny happy person but I don't want you guys telling the whole board that I'm an shiny happy person on the track also.  Besides I'm a builder not a driver so I expect to be slow.

Toot
Toot New Reader
5/11/22 8:08 p.m.

Don't worry I am bringing  Miatas so we can all be slow.  hpde track days are just for fun there is no competition and every event  I have ever been to everybody always works together to have a good time.  Looking forward to going.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/26/22 10:29 a.m.

Bump. Is the cost for each car or for each driver? Wondering how it works with co-drivers sharing a car.

Also, it might be helpful to summarize all event details in the first post so it's all in one place. 

GameboyRMH
7/26/22 11:08 a.m.

Since we're all splitting a lump sum track rental fee, whether the cost should be split by car or driver is really up to us rather than the FIRM - and I'd say that if you're sharing a car, it makes sense to pay per-car since that's the bottleneck in terms of how many sessions you can run and how much time you can spend on track.

Toot has paid for 2 entries, from my understanding that was for 2 drivers in 2 cars - if he has 2 drivers sharing 1 car, I can credit him to suit. Will make sure he gets an email about this before final costs are settled in the weeks before the event.

I'll also add an info summary to the first post.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/26/22 12:49 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I would do per driver.  Do we know how we are going to structure the track time?  Sessions and groups or free for all?

GameboyRMH
7/26/22 1:16 p.m.
nocones said:

In reply to GameboyRMH :

I would do per driver.  Do we know how we are going to structure the track time?  Sessions and groups or free for all?

The track will be open for 2 long sessions, 9am-12pm and then 1-4pm, the same as their weekend track days. We're not required to break the entries into groups from my communications with them so far, but I can confirm on my next email. The FIRM does per-driver entry cost on their own track days, but since we can allow as many drivers as we're comfortable with I figure per-car makes more sense - this also means that entry cost effectively scales down with available seat time for drivers sharing cars.

Toot
Toot New Reader
7/26/22 4:29 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

We have 2 cars and 2 drivers

rich911s
rich911s New Reader
7/28/22 3:58 p.m.

In reply to GameboyRMH :

Oh hell yeah.  Wish I'd seen this sooner.  How do I get you my deposit...  

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2g52T2QyzVcRpR7ZSu0yyLBJ2nTm6nz6JxVHMCNwKYjt3rN2KjG2AvinDu5SQwXX