surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
6/5/23 9:47 a.m.

Not sure if FMV is required or not. My neighborhood has had multiple people move out recently thanks to the crazy market and high prices they are getting for their homes. One of our neighbors offered a bunch of stuff to folks within our neighborhood for free that he couldn't take with him. One of which is a 1991 Nissan pickup truck (hard body). its a little 4 cylinder 5 speed manual. he has used it as a farm truck but i see potential in other uses as well, i.e. the challenge. I told him i would take it and now have it in my possession. 

Does this scenario fall under FMV or can i legitimately claim it as free since it was offered up? I was not sure if this fell under the inside deals because it was only listed to folks in the neighborhood and not to the world via craigslist, etc. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/23 11:17 a.m.

sounds like a free truck to me.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/5/23 11:25 a.m.

Free truck. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/23 11:37 a.m.

Free.  Is it a manual trans?  I learned manual on one of those driving around our yard.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
6/5/23 1:26 p.m.
Stampie said:

Free.  Is it a manual trans?  I learned manual on one of those driving around our yard.

Yes sir, it is a 5 speed!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
6/5/23 1:26 p.m.

thank you all. just wanted to make sure!

surfshibby07 said:

thank you all. just wanted to make sure!

IIRC, the number of FMV confirmations required is five, so you still need two more.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/5/23 1:50 p.m.

I'd say 2000$.  Just so there is 1 less competitor for next year.

Lolz.  It sounds free to me by the rules.  #sendit!

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 HalfDork
6/5/23 2:00 p.m.

Free from me. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/5/23 2:05 p.m.

Free. I'm also getting a free vehicle, it was offered to the general public on Twitter and I inquired 8 months later and nobody had stepped up. Absolutely not an inside deal. Stuff is still out there.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
6/6/23 9:39 p.m.

Here she is in all her glory!

ToManyProjects
ToManyProjects Reader
6/6/23 9:42 p.m.

Congrats on your free truck!

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/6/23 9:46 p.m.

Sweet truck. I love the hardbodies. You can really upgrade that pretty easy at the junkyard. The the first gen pathfinders up through 1995 have a nearly identical frame/body from the drivers/passengers seating line up to the front, so interior and exterior dress up stuff is super easy. Power mirrors, power windows, etc. bucket seats and a center console bolt in. I put pathfinder buckets and a frontier/xterra center console(CUPHOLDERS!!!) in my dads 1995 standard cab hardbody. 

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
6/6/23 10:07 p.m.

Sounds free

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2evvoGRxX6trX3V0bXzSAzqrxXq9QWrzhlqApFuhofgH5EwaPj0rNIlNHhV8ktPb