porksboy HalfDork
5/29/08 8:17 p.m.

I'm looking for an intake manifold for a Spitfire 1500 that will accept 2 1.5'' SU's. Carbs not needed.

16vCorey Dork
6/3/08 8:30 a.m.

I've got one from a '76 TR7 with dual zeniths. It probably won't work, but I don't know Triumphs well.

Jensenman SuperDork
6/3/08 3:34 p.m.

Hmmm. Good luck finding one of those on this side o' the big pond. Over here, '62 to end of '67 had Siamesed 'single port' heads, that one won't work.

The '68 and early '69 1300 used the correct dual port dual carb intake, after that they were all single Strombergs.

Overseas Spitfires came with dual port heads and dual SU's to the end of production in '81. They were also used on 1500 Midgets overseas.

Your best bet is to watch eBay in the UK as those manifolds pop up there sometimes. In fact, there's one on ebay now: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Twin-SU-carburettors-for-Triumph-Spitfire_W0QQitemZ250255267111QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250255267111&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The TR7 piece won't work.

aeronca65t New Reader
6/4/08 8:25 a.m.

Rimmer Brothers have a new ~1500 Twin Carb Manifold~ but it's 111 GBP ex. VAT but before shipping.

You may want to e-mail them...they sell some used parts too.

[edit]-OK, I see they have a used one for 68 GBP (ex. VAT but not including shipping

spitfirebill Reader
6/5/08 8:04 a.m.

Ted Schmacher (TSI) usually has them. Other Spitfire parts dealers do as well. Quantum may sell them. They usully cost $250-300 with carbs. I bought an intake with Eurpean exhaust manifold off ebay-UK. The parts were only $12.00 the shipping was $60. I bought the carbs from a local race shop.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners