dorri732
dorri732 New Reader
7/3/08 11:17 p.m.

No engine. Was 1.8T. 5 speed manual transmission is there and in good condition. Front and rear suspension. Front axles, rear end, and driveshaft all there.

The car still has 4 matching wheels, though I can't guarantee that they are perfectly round. They don't look bent, but the car was a rollover.

Both rear doors/glass are good. The interior is mostly gone. The ABS stuff underhood is still there, but the ABS computer is gone.

Hood is trashed, as are both front doors and fenders. The trunklid is probably salvageable, though it's a bit bent (not creased) at the bottom. The rear bumper could be used if repainted. It got scratched up pushing the car around.

It's located in Pickens, SC. Make me an offer. Bear in mind that the junk man will give me $150 for it. If someone wants just the transmission, make me an offer on that.

If you want the entire car but are really just looking for a couple of parts, make sure you ask first. I might have already taken them.

stan_d
stan_d Dork
7/6/08 10:16 a.m.

Isnt the A4 all alum body ,worth a lot more tha 150 for scrap.the converter should be worth that also.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
7/6/08 10:20 a.m.
stan_d wrote: Isnt the A4 all alum body ,worth a lot more tha 150 for scrap.the converter should be worth that also.

Don't think so. The A4 is just a fancy golf. I think you're thinking of the A8.

rustyvw
rustyvw GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/6/08 12:28 p.m.

Actually the A4 is the same as the Passat. The A3 is the same as the Golf.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
7/6/08 3:39 p.m.

This one in particular is also a quatro model, and aside from a couple torn CV boots, which look to be from the accident, the manual trans driveline is all intact.

Since it's living at my house right now (we pulled the motor here) I'm even motivated enough to offer up super cheap shipping and/or delivery for the whole thing or parts. It could all be delivered anywhere between Zip 29671 and southeast SD next weekend for true challenge pricing.

augustus
augustus
7/8/08 12:06 a.m.

Well, I had to make a new account to finally post, lol. (My old one wouldnt work properly) Anyways. I am planning on picking up an old Audi Cabriolet next weekend and since they dont come in a manual this would make a great weekend project. I am willing to take the whole car off your hands but I don't have a trailer to pick it up. I'm in Knoxville right now. Let me know if you would be willing to drive the car here or I might be able to convince J.Haas to help me out....

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
7/9/08 8:15 a.m.

You would need to work out a price with dorri732 for the car, but you're certainly welcome to come get the car or I could probably deliver it for gas $, about $80, and something for my time.

augustus
augustus New Reader
7/9/08 10:32 p.m.

ok, unfortunatly something came up... but i'll PM you in a week to see if you still have it.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
OJK040KJIXHh9rmUEVh9pAYNxtomTshDOBjWyQQEOEm55HcRJe4C0szUAiTbdGVq