1 2
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/23 9:08 a.m.

Home from challenge. Took a vacation day. Having a cup of coffee and pondering. Hair is not on fire. Car started, kinda idled, and drove off trailer and into driveway. This is all very foreign to me. I think I'll mow the lawn and clean the garage.

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/30/23 9:09 a.m.

Hit marketplace and search "cheap cars"? 

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/23 9:12 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Have lunch with your missed birthday daughter?

wae
wae PowerDork
5/30/23 9:25 a.m.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/30/23 9:49 a.m.

Make a list of all the improvements you want to make that you know what to do.

Then make a list of all the issues you want to solve that you don't know the solution.

Create a testing plan for each of the items that don't have a ready solution.  For example:  car seemed to stumble and have an issue when it ran for more than 5 or 10 minutes.  Put a fuel pressure gauge on it and see if it's starving.  If it is, check the cell and see if it's pressurizing or creating a vacuum.

I know you know this, but it's best to get this stuff written down before you forget any of the items.  Having a path forward will ease the wheels spinning in your head.

glueguy (Forum Supporter)
glueguy (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/30/23 10:23 a.m.

Quite honestly?  Take a day to bask in your accomplishment.  You worked your butt off and got there.  Recognize your achievement.  Speaking from experience here - son's military graduation was last weekend, two years of planning and coordinating friends, events, etc.  Got home last night, not unpacking today.  Taking a day to let the memories replay and enjoy the moment.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
5/30/23 10:54 a.m.

Buy a six-pack of Labatt NA and come sit in my garage. We can drink and stare at an unfinished Challenge car. You can feel good about having one that runs.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
5/30/23 11:11 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Buy a six-pack of Labatt NA and come sit in my garage. We can drink and stare at an unfinished Challenge car. You can feel good about having one that runs.

This is the answer. 

C'ept for the Labbats thing. Last I checked Germans were still making the best beverages.

5/30/23 11:55 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

First I'm going to wipe all my whiteboards clean and stare at them for a minute. laugh

then I'm going to go through all the stuff I brought home from the challenge. I know some of it is not mine.

then I'll make that list. \m/

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/30/23 1:05 p.m.

What are you gonna do today,  Angry Corvair?

5/30/23 2:13 p.m.

Phase 1 complete:

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
5/30/23 3:34 p.m.

Prep for Otter Cross and Cars & Coffee?

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/23 7:19 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Already got him down to help load the corolla. I'm coming up soon to see you and get an idea of everything then we'll bring trailer on a subsequent trip. I've got lots of stuff to share with you 

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/30/23 8:09 p.m.

Diagonal cuts. Approved. laugh

5/30/23 8:32 p.m.
11GTCS said:

I am very particular about my cut lines.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
5/30/23 8:46 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
11GTCS said:

Civilized landscapers are always particular about the lines.

WonkoTheSane
WonkoTheSane GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/30/23 8:57 p.m.

I'm so disappointed in you all:

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
5/31/23 10:44 a.m.

How was your shop space clean enough to not need hours and hours of reorganization and clean up?! Mine sure as hell did/does! That's how I spent the time I had when I got back. And it's still not done.

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
5/31/23 11:35 a.m.
jimbob_racing said:
11GTCS said:

I'm going to use this line the next time my wife stands shaking her head at me.  I have three distinct patterns, two diagonal and one across and a different one with each cut.  So as to not run the wheels over the same spots of course.  No, I'm fine.  Really.  laugh

5/31/23 12:10 p.m.
11GTCS said:
jimbob_racing said:
11GTCS said:

I'm going to use this line the next time my wife stands shaking her head at me.  I have three distinct patterns, two diagonal and one across and a different one with each cut.  So as to not run the wheels over the same spots of course.  No, I'm fine.  Really.  laugh

you are truly fine.  cut pattern should be changed every mow, it promotes more uniform growth and doesn't smash the same blades the same direction each time. i alternate parallel to sidewalk, perpendicular to sidewalk, diagonal front-slash, and diagonal back-slash. and sometimes when i'm feeling saucy, i radiate out from the curved beds. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/31/23 12:43 p.m.

The timeline of monzora is beginning to make sense with your anal retentive attention to grass cutting 

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
5/31/23 1:31 p.m.

Wait, y'all cut your own grass? Clearly you have too much time on your hands.  lol

5/31/23 1:53 p.m.
darkbuddha said:

Wait, y'all cut your own grass? Clearly you have not enough money on your hands.  lol

ftfy

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick GRM+ Memberand Reader
5/31/23 2:46 p.m.
darkbuddha said:

Wait, y'all cut your own grass? Clearly you have not enough money on your hands.  lol

ftfy

Condo living FTW.  I have no lawn.  Of course, I'm building a new shop, and to build that I have to build a new house, so now I'm gonna have a lawn again.  10 acres of lawn.  F*ck.

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
5/31/23 3:15 p.m.
darkbuddha said:

ftfy

IDK man... I find it's totally worth the $90/mo to not have to purchase, store, or maintain lawn equipment, and not spend the 2 hours per week it would take to cut/edge/blow a half acre lot in the Florida heat. I'll wrench on and maintain the family cars, but I freaking HATE lawn work!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JcbusNnCfPlQOGzZ4G4MTxDzkpuagNPqr2dwWgZQyzo1EpvrE6L6PGHSoXU3O9Ll