1 2
ratghia
ratghia Reader
5/14/14 12:35 p.m.

I have an unknown make formula vee that I picked up a few years ago and haven't done anything with. What I was told was that an individual who raced built 2 sister cars and this was the one that ended up not seeing the track. The frame is in decent shape but needs some work since tubes around the driver were cut out. The rear suspension is incomplete put has some parts. It has some parts that come with it, but it'll take work to get it together. The car has no body panels with it. It will however come with a 1600dp long block, a swing axle trans (still needs pinion flipped), assorted rear suspension bits, several master cylinders that came with it, a fuel cell (unknown origin), and a exhaust. I'm probably forgetting some things, and I have a wealth of vw stuff for the taking if you want. I'll work on getting better pictures as soon as I can and of all of the components, but for the moment it's buried in the back of my shop.

I'm located in Red Lion, PA 17356 For price I was thinking of starting around $650 but I'm a motivated seller and willing to negotiate.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
5/16/14 12:12 p.m.

$500 obo

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Dork
5/17/14 8:50 p.m.

I sent you a PM but never heard back. Drop me a line, I should have time later this week, or weekend.

Paul

ratghia
ratghia Reader
5/17/14 9:28 p.m.

Sorry, I either didn't get or completely managed to miss your pm. I sent you one and if you don't get it let me know on here.

Thanks, Aaron

ratghia
ratghia Reader
5/21/14 12:05 p.m.

I'm open to offers

ratghia
ratghia Reader
6/9/14 5:50 p.m.

It's still here

ratghia
ratghia Reader
6/17/14 2:35 p.m.

$400

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
6/17/14 6:58 p.m.

Is there a way of getting this to Texas?

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/17/14 8:20 p.m.
DukeOfUndersteer wrote: Is there a way of getting this to Texas?

What part of Tejas? I'll be heading out for S2S in a few weeks, dunno if we could break this down enough to strap it in/on the Crown Vic but I'm willing to try. We'll be stopping in Amarillo on the 4th of July.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/18/14 2:53 a.m.

In reply to JThw8:

I am in Arlington/Fort Worth. If you can get it to Amarillo, I can definitely meet you there.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/18/14 6:56 a.m.

Ratghia, Just how much stuff is there? The frame would have to strap to my roof if that's even possible, not sure if the rest could even begin to fit in my trunk with the other stuff I need to carry but its a thought. I'd probably need you to get it to me in NJ as I have no free time between now and the 1st when I leave unfortunately. I guess some basic measurements of bits are in order and I could see if there's a chance it will fit. I'll also see what NJ area teams are going but the ones I can think of are all driving pretty small cars.

DukeOfUndersteer
6/18/14 9:57 a.m.

Hey Ratghia,

My original idea of driving up to Watkins next weekend won't work. The race trailer is going straight from Watkins to Mosport and we won't have the Vee on our inventory for Customs. So, looks like the only way I can get it is if JThw8 does drive it to me

ratghia
ratghia Reader
6/19/14 8:03 a.m.

As much as I hate to say it I believe it'll be too big. I had that same problem when I went to get it. It looks small enough until you get next to it and realize it's its damn near 11' long. Iirc it's 20" wide and just over 3' tall at the roll bar hoop.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
6/19/14 9:45 a.m.

Yep, sounds like even broken down its not going to work Im afraid :(

DukeOfUndersteer
6/19/14 10:42 a.m.

Damn damn damn

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/3/14 8:52 a.m.

$300

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
12/3/14 10:50 a.m.

How hard would it be to get a body for this? Looking to trade for anything?? Man am I interested!

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
12/3/14 10:51 a.m.

FWIW, this would have to be a super v or solo or something as the DP doesn't fit in SCCA rules for FV.

JThw8
JThw8 PowerDork
12/3/14 11:40 a.m.
markwemple wrote: FWIW, this would have to be a super v or solo or something as the DP doesn't fit in SCCA rules for FV.

I think ratghia added the 1600. SoloVees are just Formula vees with upgrades for solo use so the chassis are the same mostly.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
12/3/14 12:03 p.m.

Either way, I hope he gets back to me.;)

ratghia
ratghia Reader
12/3/14 12:20 p.m.

The car was built to run in Canadian 1200 Fv. I planned on running solo so that's where the 1600 came from. Body wise that chassis is fairly narrow so it shouldn't be too hard to fab something up using the body from another Fv. I was mainly looking for cash but im not one to turn down trades for cool stuff so feel free to shoot me an email and we'll talk.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
12/3/14 12:30 p.m.

Message sent

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/3/14 12:34 p.m.

Would this be challenge legal with lights and bodywork?

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
12/3/14 12:40 p.m.

Ah, man, don't steal my glory;) I was actually thinking of bringing this back to the FV world.

markwemple
markwemple HalfDork
12/3/14 12:41 p.m.

You wouldn't have a need for old spridget parts??

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t65LBL6RO9JVHUYCIwWTeRD7H9FrSfNiVoezQsjFNuFVvyoqXkqPplAyfKJVa8qt