hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/3/13 10:35 p.m.

Thank the lord this is over 1000 miles away.

Saab 95 Sport Wagon lot

Original cars stored for year in barn. They are in need of a restoration and have not been turned over or ran in years. Title and keys included, not for the weekend restorer. Tires have some dry rot, and there is mechanical and cosmetic work as shown in the photos. Please see photos and description for complete details on vehicle condition.

Nashco
Nashco UberDork
12/4/13 2:59 a.m.

I really love these cars. There's a guy right next door to my shop that works on them a bunch and I just drool over them...I will have one someday, already know exactly what evil things I'm going to do with it even. Too many projects, not enough time.

Bryce

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/4/13 5:32 a.m.

Citroen wagon in the back there? Who is this weirdo I'm in love with?

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/4/13 7:26 a.m.

Damn... so much want... so far away... so little storage space... even less money... (sigh...)

hobiercr
12/4/13 10:11 a.m.
914Driver wrote: Citroen wagon in the back there? Who is this weirdo I'm in love with?

Looks like there is also a P1800ES and what is that red car behind the red 95? A TVR? Jensen?

hobiercr
12/4/13 10:18 a.m.

I think Blipshift needs to make the shift pattern tag into a shirt. AND that dual oil pressure and water temp gauge is awesome. I would love to have that in my 122S.

hobiercr
12/4/13 10:20 a.m.

Mmmmm, rallyecross tires already installed!

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/4/13 10:33 a.m.
hobiercr wrote:
914Driver wrote: Citroen wagon in the back there? Who is this weirdo I'm in love with?
Looks like there is also a P1800ES and what is that red car behind the red 95? A TVR? Jensen?

Looks like a Jensen Interceptor.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
12/4/13 12:55 p.m.

oh.

Powar
Powar SuperDork
12/5/13 8:15 a.m.

Man, those are rusty.

wpcouch
wpcouch New Reader
12/5/13 8:44 a.m.

My great grandfather, Norman W. Couch, was the first SAAB dealer in the US. These may have came from his shop (although there were more dealers by the mid 60s.) I was hoping to see a dealer plaque or sticker on one of the photos, but they likely rotted away with the rest of the cars. I'd love to own one/some of these at some point, but these look pretty forlorn...

wpcouch
wpcouch New Reader
12/5/13 8:46 a.m.

In case anyone is interested (I know Powar is a big SAAB fan) here's a short autobiography my dad wrote, that delves a bit into early SAABs in the US. I have the original SAAB photos framed, in my office.

http://www.mognw.com/history/couch/RobertCouch_my_story_pics.pdf

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/5/13 6:47 p.m.
hobiercr wrote: I think Blipshift needs to make the shift pattern tag into a shirt.

Yeah... except I think you, me and probably Powar would be the only ones who'd buy it.

I'll own a 95 some day... but not one of these... I already have enough Swedish rust on my hands.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
12/5/13 9:09 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
hobiercr wrote: I think Blipshift needs to make the shift pattern tag into a shirt.
Yeah... except I think you, me and probably Powar would be the only ones who'd buy it. I'll own a 95 some day... but not one of these... I already have enough Swedish rust on my hands.

I know of two, maybe three other geeks that would buy them too.

hobiercr
12/5/13 9:25 p.m.

I'm in...and so's my wife!

JtspellS
JtspellS Dork
12/5/13 9:33 p.m.

That is crazy awesome, one rally, one daily, one parts.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i2j0oWMVBtkGYjbEVJTBkuSgvs4iByw0Xzy7ZvASQMHiBYOQxBYJ9b3esqxP1BUn