nachostang95
nachostang95 None
2/23/16 9:13 p.m.

For Sale: $300 takes it. Located in Atlanta, GA; will need a trailer to pick it up as car is not in running condition currently.

Car currently belongs to Wreck Racing. We bought it in order to imagine we were driving a Sierra Cosworth and live out our rallycross dreams, however we have now come to terms with the fact that we don't have the time for it and that some who don't quite appreciate the beauty of this magnificent machine want it removed from our shop's parking lot.

Car ran (decently) well before we removed the radiator in an effort to fix our MG and then stopped the reconstruction effort once the radiator made its way back to its place on the ground exactly 1 foot from where it needs to be. Currently Megasquirted (MS1) with a decent parking lot tune, and comes with a trunk full of random spare parts, a US-spec front bumper with two headlight surround panels, and a nice uncracked red spoiler.

Modifications:

-Was an automatic car at one point in its life, now has the T5 that belongs there

-Totally custom cold air intake

-Rad forward-facing side-pipe with Cherrybomb-esque muffler

-Megasquirt 1 with 30 minutes of parking lot tuning

-Boost gauge

-Driver door handle delete

-Multiple paint colors

-Slight rust on backside of trunk and on battery tray

-Heater delete

-Vandalism (note on that below)

What the car needs to get running:

-Tires

-Radiator install

-Battery (and check wiring)

I'd also like to note that the tach is somewhat inaccurate and that most of the exterior lights do not work.

As far as the vandalism goes, someone thought they'd take some weight out of the car for us and threw some rocks at it, putting three speedholes in the rear glass and removing some material from the junky black spoiler and right tail light.

Good base for a cheap project car or good as a parts car. First person with $300 and a trailer takes it! We have the title for the car, more images can be obtained upon request.

Door handle delete: Push to unlatch and pull to latch again before closing door. Lock and inside handle work fine.

Side exhaust conforms to SCCA rules about distance from door...I think.

Blue headlight surround fits well if you value aerodynamics. Also has some sort of vents in the hood that look cool.

The gauges are very retro, even if their functionality is questionable.

Interior is mostly there, in order to give you something to strip out when you're bored.

Lies.

What the front end looks like if you were to fully assemble it.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/23/16 9:50 p.m.

Where did the basketweaves come from? 30k miles, or 130k miles?

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
2/23/16 10:24 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Where did the basketweaves come from?

Those are the stock wheels on 1989 XR4ti models.

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop HalfDork
2/23/16 10:40 p.m.

I think it would be a nice gesture if you gave me this XR as compensation for the damage your MG did to my miata at the GRM$2013 drags incident.

nachostang95
nachostang95 New Reader
2/23/16 11:43 p.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Where did the basketweaves come from? 30k miles, or 130k miles?

Stock wheels as mentioned. I think it's 130k as the driver's seat is worn and if it were 30k it would have lived a really hard life.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
2/24/16 5:24 a.m.

Damn... T-5? Those "should" have a T-9... which would be worth more by itself than the rest of the car.

Glad this is far away as I have no room left...

cliffxr
cliffxr None
2/26/16 5:45 p.m.

Interested. Got a phone number?

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
2/26/16 7:26 p.m.

Sold to me

cliffxr
cliffxr New Reader
2/26/16 9:25 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets:

Good deal! If you need parts let me know, I've got some and know plenty of good sources.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/27/16 2:32 p.m.

I can't wait for a build thread!

An xr4ti is high on my want list.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
2/27/16 4:20 p.m.
cliffxr wrote: In reply to classicJackets: Good deal! If you need parts let me know, I've got some and know plenty of good sources.

Do you happen to have a drivers side seat height mechanism?

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
2/27/16 4:53 p.m.
paranoid_android74 wrote: I can't wait for a build thread! An xr4ti is high on my want list.

Come get this one. I'll give you a hell of a deal on the shell in a few short weeks

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
2/27/16 6:57 p.m.

That would make for one interesting fly and drive!

classicJackets wrote:
paranoid_android74 wrote: I can't wait for a build thread! An xr4ti is high on my want list.
Come get this one. I'll give you a hell of a deal on the shell in a few short weeks
darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
3/4/16 9:43 a.m.

I'm very glad I didn't see this earlier... very very glad.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe HalfDork
5/2/16 8:54 a.m.

If you misseed your chance on this, you can now buy this car for $450! (Oh, WITHOUT the engine......)
$450
Motivated seller.

classicJackets
classicJackets Reader
5/2/16 9:04 a.m.

Lol. Was waiting for it . No hard feelings. Trying to recoup all costs (UHaul), not expecting it to happen.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tonhzsxgTMde7kYPpsHo5tjswnTthHw5rvnYqWWhKFBVbWk5UFJ73ZZdTZ6nAh33