RoughandReady
RoughandReady HalfDork
10/16/14 8:24 p.m.

Well, I got another car and I'm tired of trying to sell this one, so we're doing this the old fashioned way. Parting out my 1985 300SD, everything must go (except the turbo, I'm keeping it).

Basic rundown on the car:

Car is my former daily driver and served me well. Currently the car has ~680,600 miles. I've taken it all around the quad-state area (East and west NC, SC, TN, VA) and had no problems. Engine runs well, makes good power (for a Merc), starts up quickly, and shuts off instantly. Injection pump doesn't seem to leak from anywhere or have any issues, except that the ALDA was turned up by the PO and I don't know where the stock location is. Transmission races through the gears, but does not shift hard. Only issue with the tranny is that it kind of lurches into reverse. Rear end is a 2.88:1 and doesn't make any noise or do anything odd.

This car DOES have the aluminum hood and trunk and the associated special hinges. Hood and trunk lid don't have any dents or anything. Paint on the trunk lid is pretty ugly. The climate control works pretty well, hot heat but no AC. Does have a slightly intermittent blower (seems to be working better know that it's cold, I don't know). Electric seat adjusters work. Electric antenna works. Sunroof motor works, but the sunroof doesn't open. All electric windows work but one. Vacuum locks work, as does trunk pump of course. Car has zero rust.

Interior isn't pretty. Door cards are pretty nice, but the seats aren't. Carpet is pretty stained, but I'm going to try to hot/wet vac them and see what happens. Most of the wood looks nice. The wood around the shifter is toast. Steering box is really loose. Rear CV's are about shot.

That should basically do it. If you have any questions about a specific part, post in the thread or email me at Roughandreadyrebuilds@gmail.com. Email is the best way to get a hold of me. PM's have pretty much never worked great for me through this site.

I will price stuff out as it's requested. That can be done publicly, in the thread, if that is preferred.

RoughandReady
RoughandReady HalfDork
10/17/14 8:42 a.m.

Differential sold.

RoughandReady
RoughandReady HalfDork
10/18/14 7:19 a.m.

Anyone interested in a rebuilt T3? 45 trim? I believe I have a 63 exhaust side hanging out.

GVX19
GVX19 Reader
10/18/14 11:29 a.m.

Thanks! I need the banjo bolt that has the 3/8 line on it.

RoughandReady
RoughandReady HalfDork
10/18/14 2:36 p.m.
GVX19 wrote: Thanks! I need the banjo bolt that has the 3/8 line on it.

Which?

Titan95
Titan95 New Reader
8/5/23 10:24 p.m.

I'm looking for the full interior for a 85 Mercedes Benz 300d

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ilbcwDHtD3NtXSQyo0SQbC6WcF778rqDfsytPsqZQQh1K7LKK8rpPnvxaq6aFqJe