Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/16 6:48 a.m.

That's worth $2000 all day long.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
8/15/16 7:28 a.m.

They made an SI in 85?

And I agree with Woody, worth $2000 all day long here.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/15/16 7:42 a.m.

Yup, that's an Si

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
8/15/16 7:44 a.m.

Damn. I had one just like that. Too bad it's too far away.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
8/15/16 8:04 a.m.

If it is as nice as it looks, it is a steal.
If I had that, I would keep it perfect stock and take it to car shows and cruise-ins for the next generation. The darn thing is 31 years old. How is that possible!

stan
stan GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/15/16 8:11 a.m.
jimbob_racing wrote: Damn. I had one just like that. Too bad it's too far away.

If I hadn't sold all of my CRX stuff I would have loved to do a fly-and-drive with this one.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/15/16 8:25 a.m.

I had an 85 si. One of the most entertaining cars I've ever driven.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
8/15/16 8:31 a.m.

Amazing deal! Wish it was closer. I'd jump on this

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/16 9:57 a.m.

Stop making excuses, guys. If it's worth it, it's worth the travel. If you want a rust-free one, you have to go to a rust-free state.

1985 was the first year of the Si and the lightest

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/16 10:03 a.m.

They were essentially '85 1/2 cars.

mikeonabikesmith
mikeonabikesmith New Reader
8/15/16 10:08 a.m.

This is close to me, I've been looking for a project, and I'm in-between jobs. Dangerous mixture. Any red flags on these aside from rust? Biggest hesitation right now is the likelihood of death commuting in this on Colorado highways....

Mike

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/15/16 12:16 p.m.

Parts availability is not great, that's the biggest concern. Also, a lot of the information out there seems to be written by 16 year olds so it's difficult to find the quality amongst the noise. I commute in mine in CO and haven't been killed yet.

markwemple
markwemple SuperDork
8/15/16 1:27 p.m.

My concern over distance is seeing hidden issues. If I travel a long way, I usually buy even if it isn't a good deal.

Ottawa
Ottawa GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/15/16 1:31 p.m.
markwemple said: My concern over distance is seeing hidden issues.

I'm sure seller can send more pics and there are GRMers in Denver that can check it out for you. Heck at that price how can you go wrong...

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
8/15/16 2:05 p.m.

The main problem with a fly and drive for that CRX is convincing the seller that you'll show up with cash as soon as you can get a plane ticket. The next problem is trusting that the seller will hold the car until you arrive. Can you imagine landing at the airport and finding out that he's sold it to someone else?

Now if some local GRM person could assist with getting payment to the seller and taking temporary possession of the CRX until I can arrive.....

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
8/15/16 2:07 p.m.

Entire front fenders are plastic and are prone to cracking at the mounting points. Get some detailed pictures of these.

I am amazed this has not sold already.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/15/16 2:12 p.m.
markwemple wrote: My concern over distance is seeing hidden issues. If I travel a long way, I usually buy even if it isn't a good deal.

Good point. Anybody that knows these cars knows that they rust in places that are not easily visible, and certainly wouldn't show up in these pictures.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
8/15/16 2:25 p.m.

Wow I love these cars!! Perfect color too. Any GRM'rs local that may be willing to put some eyes on it?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JCa9x12lrnHIBNSIT9I4Wkizl5lIJMqlETyEES0Eok4yY0FyFfhkqALDUTAuAWXV