EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
5/31/17 7:49 a.m.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/6151346818.html

ad said: 2004 mazda rx 8 condition: fair drive: rwd fuel: gas paint color: black title status: clean transmission: manual type: coupe I have a 04 mazda rx8 originally a six-speed. Main Block and Transmissions out of it. everything else is with it. Missing driver seat. But everything else is there bumper is inside vehicle. Have moved away. And do not need anymore. asking 700 firm. Clean title. Need gone. Text or call. . Tim

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/31/17 9:04 a.m.

One of these days I will get around to dropping one of Patgizz' LS motors into one of these cheap 8s.

I'm even thinking auto trans (what is wrong with me?)

fidelity101
fidelity101 SuperDork
6/2/17 12:57 p.m.

In reply to Robbie:

many things I guess...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/2/17 2:00 p.m.
Robbie wrote: I'm even thinking auto trans...

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/2/17 2:49 p.m.
Robbie wrote: One of these days I will get around to dropping one of Patgizz' LS motors into one of these cheap 8s. I'm even thinking auto trans (what is wrong with me?)

Because with 400 ft lbs, auto trans is no big deal.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
6/2/17 5:34 p.m.

Sweet.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/7/17 9:14 a.m.

Wish it still had the engine... still looking for a really cheap one since I'm still undecided about which engine to use for the DMC.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/17 12:37 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote:
Robbie wrote: One of these days I will get around to dropping one of Patgizz' LS motors into one of these cheap 8s. I'm even thinking auto trans (what is wrong with me?)
Because with 400 ft lbs, auto trans is no big deal.

Ding ding ding. The 4l65e behind the 5.3 in the Datsun shifts faster than I could and I didn't even reprogram the shift times yet.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/17 6:44 p.m.

I am just waiting for these to get past the 15 year mark and then I am going to get one and re motor it. I think it needs a motor from an s2000.

However I also would love to put a k series v6 with boost.

Could you fit a Subi motor in one?

I don't understand why Mazda did not keep the platform and just re motor it in house.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/7/17 8:37 p.m.

In reply to dean1484:

Why not buy one now and give the engine to me?

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/17 6:40 a.m.

2019 will make them safety only inspection in MA so I should start looking now I guess.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Dork
6/11/17 9:14 p.m.

"I should start looking now I guess."

Gonna take more than two years to build it, you should have started a couple of years ago.

Our local inspection station sort of abides by the fifteen year rolling cut-off but his safety inspection includes a visual on all of the emissions equipment on the engine as well. Evidently it's Federal if it's removed regardless of the year. If it came with it, it stays.

"This is important to know – even the more lenient rolling system doesn’t exempt a pollution controlled motor vehicle (remember: That means pretty much anything built from 1968 onward) from having its original, factory-installed emissions control intact and at least seemingly operational. It may not have to pass a tailpipe sniffer test, but it will have to pass a visual once-over by the inspector. This is part of the state motor vehicle safety inspection that most states have in place, which usually includes checking off that the factory emissions stuff at least appears to be there – and working."

Gotta be very careful here in Massachusetts ! ! !

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tdHqCWiSuzv4wIjXJK4c1Ehvrinn8sClDhn8RW1VyBuBDdchINlrr8fGyDKj0ocs