Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/5/18 2:26 p.m.

You read that right---- our friends at PACO  Motorsports don't just make wickedly cool lift kits for Miatas.   They have also revised their Hub Stands to be easier to use and more accurate than ever before.  They have also dropped the price!  

New wireless corner weight and camber angle digital readout is coming soon as an available option/upgrade.  This will be compatible with the current design.

$849.00 for a set of four.  4 lug pattern fitment from 95.25mm-114.3mm bolt circle, and 5 lug fitment from 100mm-130mm.  12mm/14mm stud compatible.  1000lbs capacity per stand.  No calibration required, just a smooth, flat surface.  Take with you to the pits/paddock for quick adjustments.  Store page link below, instructions  are available for download:

PACO Motorsports Hub Stands

Ed Higginbotham
Ed Higginbotham Associate Editor
7/6/18 9:03 a.m.

These are awesome. Good price, too.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/13/18 2:14 p.m.

Agreed.....although I'm still lusting after their Offroadster!  

grmrdr
grmrdr None
12/5/18 1:37 a.m.

Any updates now that there's been some time to get into more garages and more use? I've tried the previous v4 which I've found to be unsatisfactory. I've heard good things about earlier ones and this version looks like a huge improvement indeed!

Eddiebezzell
Eddiebezzell
7/14/20 11:05 a.m.

I do not understand how you can string from one to the other when the string is attached to the stands. The track width is diff front to back on most cars. I think the Miata is and you will set the camber diff front to back. So the toe bar fitted to bottom of stands will be out of alignment before you try to set the toe! Am I missing something?

surely the string must be separate to the stands so you can create a accurate box around the car  and compensate for the track width diff?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/14/20 11:23 a.m.

The trick is that you're measuring one side relative to the other. It doesn't matter what the actual measurement is as long as it's the same on both sides. You're just looking for symmetry. It doesn't seem right, but spend some time sketching it out and it'll make sense.

Eddiebezzell
Eddiebezzell New Reader
7/14/20 1:09 p.m.

I am sort of with you. 
i do string my miata and its a pain without stands which is why I am researching which to buy but without a square string box that string attached to the stands is already toe in or out at the front is it not by the simple triangle it is creating due to track diff of half inch each side back wheel.

i suppose I just double check the total toe and equal it out to each side on the stand marks? Is that what you mean?

Keith Tanner
7/14/20 2:12 p.m.

First you set rear toe to have the correct reading relative to the other side. For example, 1/16".

Then you string the strings. You measure the distance from the toe bar to the string on one side and compare it to the other. If the thrust angle is off, you'll see a different reading on one side than the other. Adjust both by the same amount until they both read the same. Voila, you now have set toe and thrust angle.

This will only work on a car that is set up symmetrically. If you're setting up to only turn left, life will be more difficult.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/26/20 11:15 a.m.

Any chance FM will be having a sale on these this year?

Also, my track width is greatly different front to rear (by about 3 inches).  It seems from the above posts, that this system can deal with this and still help setup the car.

Keith Tanner
11/26/20 11:22 a.m.

Yes, the system can deal with that.

As for the sale - magic 8 ball says "it is likely". Paco usually has some sales as well.

wvumtnbkr
11/26/20 11:24 a.m.

Can you tell us what day I should be diligently staring at the website?  Lolz!

Thank you!

Keith Tanner
11/26/20 11:48 a.m.

Let's see, would you consider them something you'd use for maintenance? I think I would.

Brake Friday

Suspension Saturday

Stylish Sunday

Maintenance Monday

wvumtnbkr
11/30/20 5:58 a.m.

Ordered!

I am sooo excited about this.

It is one of the tools that you spend a chunk of money on and never think about it once you have it.

I can't wait to work on the racecar with this!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DR84Ib6Z0RdZdZtNOuwX75i7jABjvWCm2mElKM26e8dPvyGb6gGPqY24tNR9dj3r