Presented by Nine Lives Racing
Bearden4242
Bearden4242
12/1/20 8:36 p.m.

I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff and really would just be guessing. What I know I want to do is extend the trunk lid like a drag race wing but add a spoiler to it to theoretically increase the lever arm. Also it might give me a better chance @ catching air. In the image there are 3 options I have considered for what would be between the end plates. All offer spoiler adjust. The differences are just the shape of the trunk extension and how close or far the pivot point of spoiler is from extension. Any input or suggestions is appreciated.

Bearden4242
Bearden4242 New Reader
12/2/20 5:02 p.m.

Anyone?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/2/20 5:05 p.m.

I think a tall wing would be best.

That being said, try a few different designs and test with string tufts and see if the air is hitting the spoiler in a smooth flow situation.

Not many people are needing downforce on a g body Monte carlo.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/2/20 5:49 p.m.

If you are going to add your flap to the extension, keep the hinge for adjustment on the extension surface. Do not leave a gap between them. Also try to put the hinge at the back edge of the extension.

Treat it as an adjustable flap. The overall layout looks right, but make it solid enough that it does not deform under load, depending on what your usage is: track, autox, street, drag.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pV1INmSRzcwRRfsrdSWvh53TTfm6661I0jKOSMaXkJe1PH4PdC26ELX3m5qpoPoZ