Lil_Stampie
Lil_Stampie GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/27/21 7:51 p.m.

my dad picked up this "jdm" bike a couple years ago for like a gift card to some place. he hasnt touched it since so i decided to build it in my freetime.

i looked up the vin and it came back as an 86 honda cmx450, im pretty sure thats what it is but im not sure, the bike was still in the import box when we got it but there are alot of missing peices, 

missing:

fenders

gas tank

handle bars

all wiring exept for engine 

carb 

chain

and probably alot more that i havnt come across yet.

Lil_Stampie
Lil_Stampie GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/27/21 7:52 p.m.

In reply to Lil_Stampie :i know very close to nothing about the bike, im not really sure if its jdm but thats what i was told

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/27/21 8:06 p.m.

In reply to Lil_Stampie :

That looks like a seriously cool project! Good looking bike too:

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/28/21 12:23 a.m.

I have an uncle who does restos on old bikes. This one is really cool, definitely worthy of a new life

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
2/23/22 5:31 p.m.

I'm not sure what a "jdm" bike is. 
I do know that that is a 450 Rebel. 
Fun fact.
When the 250 Rebel first came out in the early '80s, the jap bikes had always been know as UJM's (Universal  Japanese Motorcycle)

The Rebel was an entry level early "cruzer" supposed to like like a HD... (although shrunken)

The "crotch rockets" started about the same time. 
The larger 450 Rebel was only made for '86 and '87. The 250 continued till just a few years back. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
2/23/22 5:40 p.m.

A while back I bought my niece a 450, but she never did ride it much. 
While between roadworthy bikes several years ago, I got it from her. Started turning it into a "mini chopper", but as with most of my recent projects, it stalled!

My tank is rusty and leaks. In looking at the china Rebel tanks on the bay of eee's, I found out the 450 tank is slightly different. The 250 tank hits something on the 450. But will bolt on... just have to mod. the bar risers. No biggie. 
I know a lot of other fun facts of the differences, although they look about the same. Very little is. 
Id be glad to help ... er ... enable in any way!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
2/23/22 5:44 p.m.

I was gonna go for a kinda bobber look about like that!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QQJouyt80iEgaZvu9lZVUY6fXQMxufE1P6CRf1JyL0aAsDqJEvZLC4V07Hn1dKrJ