1 ... 9 10 11
SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/22/15 7:48 p.m.

So, I FINALLY had the chance to work on the car a bit yesterday.

Three things:

-My good buddy Pseudosport stopped by to help make sense of the gaping holes that are the outer rockers. Before he got there, I noticed that the inner bracing was rotted BAD, so we decided that we should fix it right instead of slapping the rocker over it. We also trimmed the rocker patches to fit the car:

-I have been trying to figure out where a good place to put the fuel filter would be. The original setup was completely twisted and rotted out (surprise, surprise) by the time I got the car. If anyone knows where the filter is supposed to go, please let me know!

-The stock seats were completely destroyed, as previously said ages ago in this thread, so I have two sets to choose from to replace them: a free set of Subaru Impreza GC-chassis coupe seats that need to be recovered, and a set of minty 2002 WRX seats I picked up locally for $60. I'm going with the WRX seats, because the tracks are really, really close to just bolting in. They will need slight modification to the track mounting points, but they fit nicely in the car. I test fit them yesterday, and yes, the car should have come with seats like this from the factory!

New goal is to have the car dodging cones by April.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
11/22/15 8:00 p.m.

Tony...I have a Shadow in the garage now. Want a pic of the stock fuel filter mounting? It mounts on the cross member between the tank and the pan hard mount.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/23/15 8:15 a.m.

In reply to Pat:

Yes, that would be awesome, and very helpful.

Acme Lab Rat
Acme Lab Rat New Reader
11/23/15 12:10 p.m.

Just saw this and read through it, then sent it to my father. He was the general manager of Dodge's PR group from 85-90 (or so) and worked with the Shelby performance center to promote these (and other Shelby-badged) cars. He's more than once said that if I had a dollar for every mile I'd logged in a turbo 2.2 car as a kid, I'd be set for life.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
11/23/15 1:16 p.m.
Acme Lab Rat wrote: Just saw this and read through it, then sent it to my father. He was the general manager of Dodge's PR group from 85-90 (or so) and worked with the Shelby performance center to promote these (and other Shelby-badged) cars. He's more than once said that if I had a dollar for every mile I'd logged in a turbo 2.2 car as a kid, I'd be set for life.

Thanks for checking out the thread, and I hope your dad enjoys it! It's had it's ups and downs, but I still intend on seeing the project through to the end. They are very cool cars that just about everyone has forgotten about, and this one deserves to be saved.

Acme Lab Rat
Acme Lab Rat New Reader
11/25/15 7:38 a.m.

Hell yes it does! Keep fighting the good fight!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
1/18/16 10:21 a.m.

I posted the car in the Classifieds if anyone's interested.

I'm finding that I don't have a lot of time to work on it, and the stuff that needs to be done is beyond my current skill level. I'd rather consolidate my efforts on my other project, my 1979 Trans Am, which is closer to being back on the road. If it doesn't sell, I will just mothball it and maybe come back to it later down the line, we'll see.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UberDork
5/8/16 7:08 a.m.

Yesterday, I sold the CSX to an old friend of mine. He's got plenty of Turbo Dodge experience, and back when I bought it, he asked that if I ever sold the car that I give him the chance to buy it. It's weird selling the car, since I put a ton of work into it, but he is determined to get it back on the road.

You might see him pop up on here in the future to continue the thread. He is a true GRM'er, and already has a fleet of cars that include an Abarth 500, an AMC Eagle 4x4 wagon, a MGB GT, a Lincoln Mark VII, a Fiero, and a Mercury Capri XR2 Turbo. I think the car is in good hands.

Hopefully the resurrection of CSX #115 will have a happy ending.

IndyJoe
IndyJoe HalfDork
5/8/16 2:00 p.m.

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ROKEfDAfNwdnkFk9aewefVhmj3jbAdjP9IvLhb5OIE1yY0pU6Cy6RbHUS0MDMCx5