1 2
chandler
chandler PowerDork
8/16/18 7:56 p.m.

Well, I got a company truck so this has been stuck in the barn. 2018 Ford F-150 four door 4x4. Nice truck! I still need to finish the clutch in the Mazda and it and my dodge truck will go up for sale. I’m planning to keep the 300ce as an extra / for fun car but I don’t see a ton of extra time in my future.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/23/19 10:26 a.m.

it's added 200 miles since my last post, but that hasn't stopped me from more wheels right? These are my brothers for his AMG 300E but since it's still being updated I figured seeing how they fit on mine would be good. Now I have to figure out what to trade him haha...

The wheels are Gotti Etoile 455 17x8 and 17x9! They are W126 SEC fitment so a little lower offset than you'd typically want on a w124 but they will look sweet!

Azryael
Azryael Reader
11/23/19 11:55 a.m.

Man, I love a good 124. You can really leave them as is and just enjoy the hell out of them or really have fun with them.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand UberDork
11/23/19 1:46 p.m.

I thought you sold this

chandler
chandler PowerDork
11/23/19 2:04 p.m.
yupididit said:

I thought you sold this

No one ever ponied up

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/29/20 7:05 p.m.

And, it has gone 50 miles since the last post. I got it out today and tooled around a little. 

I adapted some D90s and put some little tires on. I'm off tomorrow so I'll probably put another 100 miles or so just out cruising. It's such a nice car but with the Dakota Vert and the RX8 I can't keep them all. Probably actively try to sell this in the near future, too bad but can't keep them all.

LightninMike
LightninMike
9/30/20 9:49 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Toledo area?   I'm in Perrysburg closer to Waterville.  
CE's have a certain something to them, always have for me.   
I literally signed up here to reach out about this one.  

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/30/20 11:16 a.m.

Findlay. Give me a call

567 two oh ate 91eight6

LightninMike
LightninMike New Reader
10/12/20 10:43 a.m.

Chandler, I apologize for not getting in contact with you.  Literally the next day, I got a whole bunch of life dumped in my lap.  
You had guys not communicating well in the past.  I don't like being in that category. Ever.  
Down the road if I'm in the position again, and she's still in your hands, I hope we can find common ground.  

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/21/20 4:57 p.m.

I changed the oil today and worked on an issue that has plagued me since I started driving it again. The left rear brake will get hot after driving for awhile, oddly not stoplight to stoplight but rather when I'm cruising over 60mph. So I'm replacing the hoses since I had ordered them when I did all the original work but never changed them. The piston is free so I'm hoping this frees it up. Also, going to change the trans fluid later tonight just to make sure it's fresh.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
10/21/20 7:19 p.m.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
6/25/22 2:02 p.m.

I hadn't updated it since it's been "for sale" forever but it's an acquired taste so hasn't found the right buyer. Since last update I had the master changed (didn't have time and it was cheap) and some other little stuff.  Took my 10yo to Norwalk for the NHRA Nationals yesterday, he was surprised by how many people gave us nods and double takes while driving; my kids think this is my extra beater car - which isn't far off but man it looks good rolling! 

Fuel pump is acting up so I ordered that, a filter and plugs/wires since it's been years since that stuff was looked at. I think it's done 40,000 miles in my ownership with the bulk the first year when I was commuting 120 miles per day. It's a good car

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/25/22 2:54 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

I don't think its an acquired taste ... they are sweet cars. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/25/22 2:55 p.m.

Also, I wish I had your neighbors. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
6/25/22 3:03 p.m.
Slippery said:

Also, I wish I had your neighbors. 

Yeah, the space is nice. My in laws farm 2400 acres around here and 800 of them surround our house. We bought the farmyard from a family friend and they bought the farm land.

My front porch is about ten feet from where the propane tank on that big barn was. The small shed (30x60) to the right is still there and has been since 1890. The house across the street is still there and the son of the original owner still lives there. This pic is 1973.

This pic is 1983, big barn is gone. What's interesting is my in laws rented this trailer from 78 to 82 while they were making an abandoned farm house down the road habitable. My FIL said the barn was there when they lived there so it must have come down around this time. The "tool shed" (that's what they all call it) has had a ton invested; new foundation on 70%, new cross bracing to square up the ceiling and I just dropped electric to it last year though I have yet to set up the box and run the wire inside. I have a guy lined up to put a floor in this fall. That will be nice.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
6/25/22 3:37 p.m.

Here is one of the little jobs that I did that really provides a lot of satisfaction; the visor clips break after twenty years or so and forever were only available from Mr Benz himself for $52 a piece. I always figured he could keep them at that price but a month or so ago I told my daughter how much they were and she looked at me with her incredulous face and shrugged. I thought about it and realized she was right, I can't use the visor without them falling out of my cobbled up bracket so I jumped on eBay and in the time since I last looked someone else saw the need and started 3D printing them.

So, $7 shipped and:

I snatched them out of their little "international " package and popped them in.

$104 worth of satisfaction for $7.

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/25/22 8:31 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

I need to start 3d printing MB parts. I know there are some for c126 parta that are in dire need. 

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
6/26/22 1:49 p.m.

For sale! I didn't realize that. Love me some C124. Wish I had room in my fleet for this gem.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
19AdJ2AL5puHrRgT96lf8jfWvxaYnpQi9XstnTo5xxzKUNkbOPJLOmXw5YDmNQTW