1 2 3
Koopsy
Koopsy New Reader
3/13/21 12:46 p.m.

My main goal for the car was to go racing so the prep work began including a race seat, fire suppression, and I also updated the steering wheel and gauges.

Koopsy
Koopsy New Reader
3/13/21 1:22 p.m.

Next was a roll cage, I bought the road race kit from S&W and paid a small fortune to have it shipped up into Canada but basically had to modify and cut up every piece in the kit and spend more time and money than just buying straight tubing would have... but it ended up turning out fantastic. 

Koopsy
Koopsy New Reader
3/13/21 2:08 p.m.

Since then I have added a few period correct decals and taken it to a handful of track days in at Spokane County Raceway and Area 27. The last of which in 2019 the rear driveshaft u-joint broke wrecking the original 1LE only aluminum driveshaft so that was it for that year. I had also been battling a severe overheating issue, normal highway/city driving the car was fine, but after a few laps with the foot to the floor on track it would start to overheat. I tried many things... new thermostats, water pump, larger aluminum radiator, better air dam under the car to direct more air to the radiator, and then to running straight water with water wetter. Each change made it a little better and it seemed to be working well before the driveshaft broke...

Koopsy
Koopsy New Reader
3/13/21 2:19 p.m.

Also in 2019 I got married and was able to convince my wife to climb in and out of the car to use as our get away car and engagement photos 

Koopsy
Koopsy New Reader
3/13/21 2:27 p.m.

All I have is an open trailer and the car was getting pelted with rocks from the truck so I decided to build a rock guard with removable panels and also serve as a tire and fuel jug rack

Koopsy
Koopsy New Reader
3/13/21 2:51 p.m.

In 2020 I didn’t even insure the car as most of my attention was on my new ( to me) Van Diemen RF78 Formula Ford and obtaining my racing license. But this year I am preparing the Camaro again for its return to road racing at the British Columbia Historic Motor Races in August. 

Koopsy
Koopsy New Reader
3/13/21 4:16 p.m.

Some pictures of other small projects we made:

Spal fan mount for the new aluminum radiator:

Race seat back support:

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GxRGIFhWjiP4MHtu8ckRb3HS2AEz87t1a85rmWHxQVIDKQL0j4oqHxJW1uChrhQw