1 ... 3 4 5
iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/10/21 10:32 a.m.
dcteague said:

Finished off most of the wiring, a pain.  Also installed the paddle style horn button to avoid running wires thru the hub.  I'll be testing this over the next few days, then start to focus on body work.

Here's the steering wheel setup.

​​​​​​

That's a cool idea. Did you designed the 3d printed section yourself or find it somewhere?

dcteague
dcteague Reader
11/11/21 7:32 a.m.
iansane said:
dcteague said:

Finished off most of the wiring, a pain.  Also installed the paddle style horn button to avoid running wires thru the hub.  I'll be testing this over the next few days, then start to focus on body work.

Here's the steering wheel setup.

That's a cool idea. Did you designed the 3d printed section yourself or find it somewhere?

No, I purchased it off a guy I found on ebay that makes these for SIM racing setups.  Electronically it worked well - simple 2 wire ground circuit switch inside the paddle base that I rewired into the horn wiring.  I'm going to do the same on the other side for high-beam lighting off the flash circuit but I'll retain the normal stalk wiring for normal high-beam use.

dcteague
dcteague Reader
8/6/22 1:51 p.m.

Car is done at least to the point I can start attending a few events to test and begin the process of setup and suspension tuning.  Only other modification I performed was replacing the front brake setup with a custom Wilwood caliper + stock rotor combo using a 6-piston caliper and stock e46 m3 rotors.  There's a bit of meat left where the caliper pad isn't covering the entire rotor, but had I used 2-piece rotors, that wouldn't have been the case.  Its the difference between a $45 rotor vs $200 rotor so I'm going to see how they wear and make some decisions once I see how they wear.   Since I'll be using it primarily for track it'll be a high wear item anyway so suspect I'll be replacing them often enough the wear pattern isn't an issue.

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4pDoxqrwOV838wjCSa4E56HQ1ukQcsrwKvIYIBFe5nJSriqgXOYwiCKrLQWF1fyJ