1 ... 8 9 10
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter)
fidelity101 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/17/20 5:39 p.m.

The oddball square hex socket arrived so a quick mechanical check, (I probably should find a 0-60 psi gauge honestly, but this was 12 dollars) 

I let it run for about 45 minutes - 1 hr and let it heat up to operating temp (also double check for leaks, all good there) I would say this is borderline acceptable, the junkyard is going to refund me 500 bucks and I'm going to prep this for listing soon, I will keep the roof rack and the bed setup for the future vehicle, it conveniently fits in the back of a pickup bed because the suburban basically is a pickup. 

8/27/20 10:24 a.m.

and its up!

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/2008-suburban-2500-w-81l-grm-special-12k-detroit/176151/page1/

mine, affiliated, negotiable. 

ordering a new truck soon so the trade in clock is ticking...

8/28/20 2:50 p.m.

UPDATE 8/28

went to charge the AC system and it ruptured the rear line shortly after the service was complete so now the AC no longer works, needs a rear AC line. Oil pressure is poor at idle ~10PSI warm I have stopped driving it. makes about 40-50psi around town

8,000 OBO - spare parts included

9/29/20 8:48 a.m.

And its gone! 

thanks for playing everyone - it was a wild ride but this should have been a factory option to begin with... damn GM accountants! 

11/5/20 10:06 a.m.

and after 10 LONG weeks - I have my new tow rig! no more frankentrucks and no more white: it was time to mix it up a bit

everyone meet Large Marge the Land Barge!

all my broverlanding gear fits nicely in the bed with room to spare, just need to wait on a topper and I can do it without putting any holes in the truck either.

the color is olive pearl green and I love it! the blue was a 2nd choice but its just too bright/boyish - but this definitly has an army truck feel to it. I've already been hit on by dudes in the best buy parking lot!

its a loaded 2020 power wagon with an extended warranty (its a chrysler product after all, plus any module or high tech part is gonna have a comma in the repair) I am really excited to not have to touch anything and I can focus on the rx7 rally car that has needed so much attention due to neglect and stage abuse. 

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
11/5/20 10:11 a.m.

Awesome truck!

1 ... 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GCQNugpgK4dYzHP9vsos8aNvC7K5hCjVtYFNx0OJuwpTZbbRXyfMyldOMT5KXAG5