1 ... 4 5 6

In reply to slantsix :

Yes. They are on order and should be in next week. I'm running without for the moment. Since I live in Flatlandastan that's not a big issue.

I had a lunchbox locker in the back of my old toyota pickup. They do make quite a racket. Luckily the truck was a stick shift so I'd just coast into parking spots with the clutch in. Lots of ratchet sounds, but no bangs or chirps. 

In reply to thatsnowinnebago (Forum Supporter) :

I had one in the front of my Samurai. It was unnoticeable on the street because the front hubs were usually unlocked. This one, being in the back, is always active. I'm hoping it will get a little smoother as it wears in. As it is now, every time it ratchets the Jeep twitches. I'm pretty sure some of that is driving style. I've only put about 10 miles on it. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/25/22 3:54 p.m.

I've been looking at XJs lately.  Whats the latest with this one?  Looks like you built a sweet rig!

Second question - If I do pick up an XJ, I really don't want the project snowball to happen.  I'm picturing 2-3" lift and 31's and then play on the Florida trails - which are pretty flat with some occasional puddles/mud.  It looks like you had some trail fun when you were at that stage with it.  Was it a pretty capable machine with just those mods? 

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/22 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Lof8 - Andy :

My son has a 1999 XJ with a 3" lift and 32" tires. We do a fair amount of offroading together. It is pretty capable. The main difference is he has to use a little inertia to get through the sticky spots where mine with the LSD and locker will crawl through them. His is the green one. 

20210221_122915.jpg

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/26/22 10:40 a.m.

My 99 XJ is my go to crappy weather vehicle.  Mild lift, and snow tires.  I don't off road, but my driveway is a graveled, inclined, 1200 foot affair.  Up here in snow country, it keeps us out of any jams.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UJvkWfTcDgN6CRL8D1LrKGhKiXr9rhisKWGvm9piacBMFK9nKvCAZzhkzqPkTyMS