1 2 3 ... 9
The
The HalfDork
7/14/14 6:41 p.m.

OK, Here we go, the plan is to take the victim and gut the interior and add double adjustable ground control coil overs (ordered red), CSL Carbon Fiber Roof (ordered), center lock forge line wheels (ordered), foglight delete air intake brake cooling ducts (ordered), carbon fiber splitter (ordered),Lift, BendPak BL3500 QuickJack (ordered)also adding CF fenders, hood, CSL deck lid, headlight blanks, shaw fiberglass doors, shaw lexan windows, CAE Ultra Shifter, Caged and the list goes on..... Day 1, the victim

Removal of interior, got the deck lid off, seats out, headliner, seatbelts so far i have cut or broke nothing... stay tuned, rest of the interior, dash etc..

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/14/14 6:53 p.m.

Hot tip... gut it completely. Take out the dash, heater box, windshield, roof, side and rear glass, fender liners, fenders, doors, hood, every scrap of tarboard and grind off all the thread studs. Remove all the wiring you plan to do away with. Do not leave a single thing you don't need to roll it onto the trailer BEFORE you go to your cage guy.

Paint the interior the day it comes back before you install a single other thing.

Proceed to assemble carefully.

EDIT: Oh, and it looks nice. You probably should have started with something less heartbreaking to throw away the entire inside of

The
The HalfDork
7/14/14 8:27 p.m.

wacker, that is exactly how i plan on doing it VERY slow,every little nub i can grid off i will, all the details you mentioned, i think it will take at least one year. i am saving all of the bits i can, i know i probably could not sell them for much, but might find some deserving soul who could benefit from whats left, i am told this is a popular interior color, sold the passenger seat to the previous owner, he wants to make a desk chair out of it.... even if it never leaves my garage, i am having a ball

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/14/14 8:49 p.m.

Awesome thread! I will follow closely

You should have no problems selling the cinnamon interior.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
7/14/14 8:59 p.m.
The wrote: i am saving all of the bits i can

For laughs - take every fastener, nut, bolt and washer you remove and put them in a bucket including all the nubs you saw off. Weigh the bucket when you are done. Hold a "Guess the weight" contest and give away some M-logo parts

The
The HalfDork
7/16/14 5:15 p.m.

Day 2, removed sunroof intact, much easier than cutting out of a e30, also got out the console, ebrake handle and rest of the back seat, still have only cut the harness to the deck lid, not broken anything....waiting for my glass removal tools...it's goiing faster than i thought, not a good thing

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/14 8:47 p.m.

I dont trust you.

Your garage is to clean/organized

The
The HalfDork
7/16/14 8:55 p.m.

lol.....it's just a phase

The
The HalfDork
7/19/14 3:53 p.m.

sshhh, be verwe verwe quiet...swmbo has not been in the basement for a while, got the doors, dash and a ton of other stuff out of the car....if you know anybody that needs e46 interior bits holler at me...on the downlow, qt, you know...

The
The HalfDork
7/20/14 2:12 p.m.

got the rear glass out intact, went to the front and lightly pushed to probe and heard a "tick" and you know what that was....

The
The HalfDork
7/21/14 5:02 p.m.

got the winsheild out and the hood off, taking out the headlights.....anybody watching this?

beans
beans Dork
7/21/14 5:11 p.m.

I like this.

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
7/21/14 5:19 p.m.

Watching but speechless.

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/21/14 5:27 p.m.

It's a M3 strip tease!

Kia_Racer
Kia_Racer Dork
7/21/14 5:33 p.m.

Watching through tears of joy and pain. I both like and hate, that is such a great car.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/21/14 5:33 p.m.

Definitely watching.

Cuda
Cuda Reader
7/21/14 5:37 p.m.

That milk crate is going to need a FIA tag. Awesome project. I am truly jealous.

oldtin
oldtin UberDork
7/21/14 5:41 p.m.

I've often wondered what it would be like to have a play car that never involved the term rust repair

dj06482
dj06482 GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/21/14 5:42 p.m.

Watching this, too! Amazed and excited that the E46 M3s are getting down to reasonable prices...

jpnovak
jpnovak Reader
7/21/14 5:50 p.m.

Love the gain in ride height due to the weight loss. Carry on.

Lof8
Lof8 GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/21/14 6:03 p.m.

In for progress.

The
The HalfDork
7/21/14 6:23 p.m.

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
7/21/14 6:35 p.m.

I'm watching and wondering what you do for a living.

The
The HalfDork
7/21/14 8:36 p.m.
I'm watching and wondering what you do for a living.

computer engineer 25 years, built a few low budget rides (e30's) in my spare time, now in my mid 50's i am going to attempt to build something special, to me anyway...should take at least a year and a butt load of money....the roof is going to be interesting!!!

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
7/21/14 8:49 p.m.

1 2 3 ... 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PDCS2pzzDhGzgC8Ovq34RVMndvoAaWfyem56Fdv5NpEPgcbQMV0o8yxiZmA9NTsd