1 ... 12 13 14
wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/26/18 8:25 p.m.

I had a mild shock to see this thread pop up to page one. The interest is greatly appreciated. I don't want to be negative, but since you ask...

I had tremendous difficulty finding a job, expanded my search area, continued to have bad luck, eventually just took what I could get. I have been through 6 or more jobs in the last year. I have finally sort of settled into a job at roughly 1/3 my previous income. It's okay, as this was part of the plan- lower stress, more time for projects, etc. I have been in a crappy furnished apartment for very nearly a year. Buying a house has also been difficult. The Starlet, my beloved Sprite, 3 motorcycles, 2 lathes, a small mill, welders, etc. are still in storage. I have begun to despair, but have not given up. 

What I need is a shop. It's pretty tough out here. Peace, brothers and sisters.

Photo unrelated.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
7/26/18 8:34 p.m.

What kind of work are you looking for?

mbruneaux
mbruneaux Reader
7/26/18 8:48 p.m.

Never give up!  Keep your mind calm and persevere.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/26/18 8:48 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

I try to keep an open mind. I was burned pretty bad by being a manager. I'm a college dropout. Certified weldor, crane operator, forklift instructor, etc. My struggle is largely with Linked in and getting past ATSs. The move was largely moving to a certain area (I'm a weldor, I can get a job anywhere, right?). The world seems to have turned while I was preoccupied. I do follow a lot of the job related threads here on GRM.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/27/18 8:52 a.m.

Well good luck and keep your head up. I know how it is to move and have a less than ideal living situation at first. You still own your projects and they will still be there for you.

1 ... 12 13 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QWg6uhKjnUGEnx1IALBPIgz2E9lmPl3P2yn4lnsfCn8owCWJ085RyoaNwC4744Vl