1 ... 4 5 6
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/22 5:43 p.m.

In reply to irish44j (Forum Supporter) :

i'm not saying it won't work, or that it's not done in the OE world.  but it is sub-optimal* for bleedability.

*my buddy is an ER Doc.  when someone dies on his table, he refers to it as a sub-optimal outcome.  i love that phrase.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/26/22 8:01 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

i'm not saying it won't work, or that it's not done in the OE world.  but it is sub-optimal* for bleedability.

*my buddy is an ER Doc.  when someone dies on his table, he refers to it as a sub-optimal outcome.  i love that phrase.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that there aren't better ways to do it. I just wasn't sure if you were personally aware of how the E30 stock brake system was routed. I actually had to go out and look at the car in my garage just to make sure I was remembering correctly lol

Recon1342
Recon1342 SuperDork
4/26/22 9:44 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

ER Docs are the guys that oversee us crazy paramedic type weirdos.

"Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round. Any deviation is sub-optimal."

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/27/22 10:44 a.m.

solved the power issue last night. pink wire is spliced with the big green one at the battery positive post. blue wire runs to the stock e30 power distro box. double checking with a meter showed that there's power at the main cable terminal, but not at this secondary wire. Clearly somethings ducky there. moved the stock power distro box feed to a spare spot I left on the main cable terminal, and all was well. Well, good enough for brake lights and turn signals for the weekend.

This afternoon I hope to get the fuel pump swapped during naptime. I need to look back to the diagrams to see what's going on with that one wire, like a fusible link or something. I should already know this.

wishing once again that I had made myself take the time to clean up and repaint all that metal behind the wiring. holding off for now was still the right call, I clearly have enough to sort to just get this competing reliably.

Gotta love that my build is to the level of needing to make ER/paramedic references laugh  I'm stealing the sub-optimal line the next time someone rolls a dying hulk into service at a rally.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/27/22 6:19 p.m.

It wasn't the fuel pump, but it did help me find a kinked line to replace. Yay running again! Now the list is skid plate, swap strut mounts and lower front suspension, alignment, exhaust clunk/rattle elimination, and tuning some vvt settings.

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/27/22 7:17 p.m.

Yes that second wire from the battery has a fusible link in it, And it can be bad even if it doesn't look bad. I replaced it in mine with a large slow-blow fuse.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dVwl7VHwsCNPiGLJ3DtVJFDMDhYtCmhzFzMKLq4BEboA8HcQPHdARc7yjpYiYLgx