1 2
Rubadubdub
Rubadubdub
3/27/19 10:56 a.m.

Hey everyone. 

I just want to share my build that I have started. It will take a few years to complete but that is the fun of it.  I bought a TVR Sagaris Shell on Bring a Trailer in October. It is 1 of 9 shells that were never vinned before the car manufacture closed it doors. The lack of Vin and the fact that the car is build off a rolling tubing chassis that in Europe just about every TVR shop has a new one laying around, will allow me to register it in the States. It will be powered by an de-stroked LS7, attached to a T56 Magnam. Here are some pictures, from the ad. It has been tucked away my Garage while I collect parts. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise HalfDork
3/27/19 10:58 a.m.

Absolutely gorgeous and looking forward to it. I know our local C&C have a few show up from time to time. Of course around here, we all run MT and SD plates :D

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/27/19 11:18 a.m.

You're my hero. They're lovely cars, exactly what I've always thought an exotic should look like.

Watching with interest.

J1000
J1000 New Reader
3/27/19 12:14 p.m.

WOW! What a cool car. I remember when I saw it on Top Gear for the first time. IMO you gotta stick with a giant 6 cylinder but it will be awesome either way! Do you just have the body then and no tube chassis? Will you convert to LHD or keep it RHD?

MTechnically
MTechnically New Reader
3/27/19 12:16 p.m.
J1000 said:

WOW! What a cool car. I remember when I saw it on Top Gear for the first time. IMO you gotta stick with a giant 6 cylinder but it will be awesome either way! Do you just have the body then and no tube chassis?

I concur. Even as a BMW fan I'd have to admit that a Barra sounds like it would fit the bill nicely.

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
3/27/19 12:18 p.m.

GAAAASSSSSP!!!! WOW!!!

Sorry for yelling, I've never seen one and REALY like it.

sobe_death
sobe_death Dork
3/27/19 1:07 p.m.

berkeley! Wow, I mean, wow!

I would probably be looking for a C6 chassis to just roll underneath it...

jstein77
jstein77 UltraDork
3/27/19 1:11 p.m.

Looks like that interior is set up specifically for right-hand drive.  What do you plan to do about that?

NickD
NickD PowerDork
3/27/19 1:13 p.m.

You had me at Sagaris

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/27/19 1:14 p.m.

Ooo, nice color.

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/27/19 1:33 p.m.

Super cool project. Are you able to get the glass, interior bits and other little pieces to make it a fully finished car?

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/27/19 10:50 p.m.

Omg, the color.... THE LOOKS........ God I love these..... And as it sits in that green.... Literally a forbidden fruit... nice score man! Look forward to following this! 

wetpossum
wetpossum New Reader
3/27/19 11:01 p.m.

That's nuts.  What's the parts availability for the Smolensky TVR's?  Will you be able to insure it?

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 New Reader
3/27/19 11:09 p.m.

Outrageous

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
3/28/19 3:01 a.m.

Destroked LS7 powered Sagaris. Yes sir I will defintely be following your news letter. 

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
3/28/19 6:13 a.m.

I'm in

TVR Scott
TVR Scott GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/28/19 8:20 a.m.

Fantastic!  Fun to see another TVR here - and a newer one no less.

What year is that?

Do you have a chassis at all, or is that going to be from scratch?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/28/19 8:25 a.m.

Really cool. Love the color. 

mblommel
mblommel GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/28/19 8:26 a.m.
TVR Scott said:

Do you have a chassis at all, or is that going to be from scratch?

These guys have one:

https://www.rtracing.co.uk/content/tvr-chassis.html

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
3/28/19 8:48 a.m.

I could of course be wrong, but I feel like all these later model TVRs will get a big bump in price once they start hitting 25 years old and thus eligible for worry free import to the US. I had a big plan to buy one now and import it to Canada and have a friend store it for me there but like most big plans it was just a daydream.

I love the car, and love the color - hope you can get it put together and on the road!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
3/28/19 8:52 a.m.

Awesome!  I had to go looking for the auction but here it is on BaT in case anyone else was wondering how they missed it.

Rubadubdub
Rubadubdub New Reader
3/28/19 1:26 p.m.

Thanks guys for the Comments.

For the most part all the parts have been accounted for. I have few interior parts that will be hard to come by but if I can't find them in a year or so I'll make a mold to replicate them. I have a Chassis that is currently still in Europe, im working on filling a shipping container with everything to save on shipping fees. As much as I would love to install the Factory Speed six engine, they will never be allowed in for EPA reasons, and are not reliable, factor that in with there is no one here that knows the engine its just smarted to go with the LS7.  here is one with an LS9 in it. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/28/19 2:19 p.m.
Rubadubdub said:

Thanks guys for the Comments.

For the most part all the parts have been accounted for. I have few interior parts that will be hard to come by but if I can't find them in a year or so I'll make a mold to replicate them. I have a Chassis that is currently still in Europe, im working on filling a shipping container with everything to save on shipping fees. As much as I would love to install the Factory Speed six engine, they will never be allowed in for EPA reasons, and are not reliable, factor that in with there is no one here that knows the engine its just smarted to go with the LS7.  here is one with an LS9 in it. 

Oh really?  Where are you located?  Some of us here might be willing to add a few bits to that container... 

ccrunner
ccrunner New Reader
3/28/19 3:23 p.m.

So cool that you popped up with this here Rubadubdub.. I was bidding on it on BAT early, but couldn’t afford it in the end.. please update often with pictures.. looking forward to where you take this build..  Congrats on your win- this will be a very special car here in the States by the time you’re done..

APEowner
APEowner GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/28/19 5:58 p.m.

I'm looking forward to seeing this come together.  One question.  Why a de-stroked LS?  Are you trying to come in under a certain displacement?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YEGwCXTJUxllAfJm2DrxHZPAKGVoUK2rwtjQZhEYIDTM1ZD9kPnJIfTJPwjK4Jrm