1 ... 16 17 18
akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
1/31/21 6:29 a.m.

Is that .030 flux core? Or .030 with gas?

Asking because I'm ruminating on getting a bottle of shielding gas for such shenanigans. I'll go check the Molvo thread while I'm in here. 

Great work, by the way. yes

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/31/21 7:33 a.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

Hey. thanks for posting the results of your first welding effort. I often wonder if it has actually helped anyone other than those who learn it in my shop.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
1/31/21 7:34 a.m.

In reply to akamcfly :

Thanks.  I'm just learning as I go.

It's 0.030" with shielding gas.  NOHOME had another brief description in AxeHealey's thread recently too.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/31/21 7:40 a.m.

In reply to akamcfly :

You dont want to visit the Molvo thread if you like build threads cause you will be there a while. You can become a welder faster than you will get through that build. 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
1/31/21 8:07 a.m.
NOHOME said:

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

Hey. thanks for posting the results of your first welding effort. I often wonder if it has actually helped anyone other than those who learn it in my shop.

Definitely a big THANKS to you for the simple step by step beginners guide.  Reading you and AXE discuss it again recently helped too.  

Inside the cover of the welder it suggests thinner gauge wire (0.027") for this thickness metal, but 0 030" is what I had.  A mental count of "one thousand and" with the trigger pulled seemed to work.  After a few spots I tried the welder on power setting 2 and immediately burned a hole thru.  

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
4/22/22 9:13 p.m.

Nothing new on the car, but here's the two year anniversary update on the finger amputation:

Reminder:  Be careful working on your cars guys.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/22 9:41 p.m.

You'll never be able to go to Japan now frown

Or - if someone asks about it, you can say that you were told that you talk too much smiley

(look up finger shortening. i think it is called yubitsume)

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/22 10:11 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

I was hoping to see so much more in this post.  See what I did there?  Dude the car has so much work done.  Get back on it.  Show it that it's your bitch.  Ok maybe I went a little too far.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/23/22 7:38 a.m.

Yes, please give us progress. Don't give up

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/23/22 12:04 p.m.

Yes progress.  It's time to get back on the horse.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/4/22 7:56 p.m.

Bump because Indy - Guy mentioned the project and I want him to get back on it instead of becoming a Prius hoarder like John.  Not that there's anything wrong with Prius hoarding or John or Indy - Guy for that matter.

garaithon
garaithon Reader
7/4/22 10:07 p.m.

I would be down to come lend a hand one weekend! 

1 ... 16 17 18
Our Preferred Partners
qpBbDYajJMjOmu2qWOqZxA79DA4exN2TvF9lNXM5V884JmAg9gg0VRb84OLfW9f5