1 2 3 4 ... 20
RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/13/19 4:21 p.m.

Weren't those Trailblazer axles offset as well? I know the Explorer axles are but I thought the Trailblazers had an offset rear axles as well.  You could do the same Explorer trick to narrow the rear axle.

Just a thought since you already have it and have it in the budget. You could probably re-drill the hubs to  6x5.5 fairly easily and find some silverado steelies to get 15" or 16" tires on the rear.

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/14/19 6:05 a.m.

Along that same line, there is not even a need to redrill. Trailblazers had steelie spares and Humpie appears to be wearing one on the RF already.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
3/9/19 5:28 p.m.

Not much of an update, but I'm working hard to get the BMW out of the garage and back to daily duty so I can focus on this. I got Humpie the engine donor running well enough that I'm comfortable pulling out as-is.

On the lookout for a low profile car style LS intake manifold. (LS1, LS6 or even an LS4) Anyone have one for next to nothing? Even broken, needing major repairs, are being considered. Thanks.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/9/19 9:09 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I’ll ask Aeromoto. He had a Vette that was trashed & I think it even had damage to the engine. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/23/19 2:29 p.m.

Really minor update.

The BMW is out of the garage.  Not doing daily duty as I had planned, but rather it was sold to a new owner.  Also Patrick found the LS4 intake manifold he thought he'd tossed in the trash.  He's letting me have it for the budget friendly price of $0.  Hurray!  Just need to coordinate picking it up from him to save shipping $$.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled Reader
5/23/19 3:01 p.m.

I'll likely be in Indy on business at the end of next month.  I'll be traveling with others so I won't have a car and my free time will be limited, but I wouldn't be against a late night rendezvous in the parking lot if we can make it work.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
5/23/19 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Cool. Thanks for the offer.  You can get my number from Patrick.

Patrick is trying to organize a garage night to help with the Wartburg, so I'm trying to make it over for that if at all possible.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/23/19 7:39 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

This thread needs more LS pulling. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/7/19 11:02 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Cool. Thanks for the offer.  You can get my number from Patrick.

Patrick is trying to organize a garage night to help with the Wartburg, so I'm trying to make it over for that if at all possible.

Picked up the LS4 intake form Patrick at the Wartburg build party yesterday.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/11/19 8:32 a.m.

Engine's out now (are you happy Stampie):

So now it's time to prepare the TR4 to get this thing shoe-horned in there.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/23/19 2:56 p.m.

I worked on getting the engine stripped of the wiring harness and most of the front dress today.

Then I drug it outside and hung it up for a good power washing to remove 200k miles of caked on sludge.

Next up is remove the goofy oil pan with a through hole in it. Trading it and the front diff/ transfer case to Patrick in exchange for an F-body oil pan.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/23/19 3:00 p.m.

Thats prettier than ours!

And going ina prettier car.

gumby
11/23/19 3:10 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Next up is remove the goofy oil pan with a through hole in it. Trading it and the front diff/ transfer case to Patrick in exchange for an F-body oil pan.

Maybe I should start advertising my shop as the Indianapolis GRM Parts Exchange Depot. There's gonna be a mess of parts changing hands at PRI laugh

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/23/19 3:31 p.m.

Run the truck intake! You don't need a hood!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/23/19 5:36 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

That's an option for Challenge purposes, but this is a "Long Term Own it" car, so it must retain the stock, uncut hood.

Oil pan off:

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/23/19 6:54 p.m.
gumby said:
Indy-Guy said:

Maybe I should start advertising my shop as the Indianapolis GRM Parts Exchange Depot. There's gonna be a mess of parts changing hands at PRI laugh

Are you going to be like eBay and charge 10% of each  transaction?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/23/19 7:35 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Thats prettier than ours!

And going ina prettier car.

Team Stampie's motto is "Not pretty but pretty bad ass".

It's great to see this coming together. I've been looking forward to this for awhile. 

Stealthtercel
Stealthtercel Dork
11/24/19 7:15 a.m.

Just dropping in to say that "Picked up the LS4 intake from Patrick at the Wartburg build party yesterday" could be used in an orientation seminar explaining what the heck goes on around here.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/24/19 8:07 a.m.
Stealthtercel said:

Just dropping in to say that "Picked up the LS4 intake from Patrick at the Wartburg build party yesterday" could be used in an orientation seminar explaining what the heck goes on around here.

I didn't do it

receipt for brian:  free ls4 intake because nobody else took it and it was heading to the dumpster 

gumby
11/24/19 10:02 a.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

No fees, ever! Donations of beer, challenge parts, or good company are always accepted

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/24/19 3:45 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

Careful, I may take you up on that.  I've got a bunch of Turbo Coupe parts left  I'm tired of stumbling over.

I had the team involved today measuring.... And making more vroom vroom noises

RossD
RossD MegaDork
11/29/19 12:58 p.m.

I love that the kids are helping! Hopefully mine will help on my projects. 

Whats in the RockAuto box?

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/29/19 2:10 p.m.
RossD said:

I love that the kids are helping! Hopefully mine will help on my projects. 

Whats in the RockAuto box?

I try to include the kids in my hobby.  It gives me a good reason and focus for quality time together with them.  I'm sure your kiddos will want to spend time with you too.

The box contains rear discs not yet installed on the Jaaaaag.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
11/29/19 4:12 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:

The car-size/engine-size ratio here is as close to perfect as I can imagine. Toss in a big taiwanese spoolie-boi because rear tires are evil and need punished.

Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
11/30/19 2:00 p.m.

Between this and the BMW t-bucket, GRM is on FIYAH!!!! 

Makes my shenanigans tame by comparison...

1 2 3 4 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qa9atChvslqHGboNgfjT11WqLJEz6MciBwpR1jEp0b5LhhIg4Mdw2aBSAt7oMcNI