1 ... 4 5 6
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/17/20 5:47 p.m.

The lower ones should be pretty straight forward, they unbolt.  

Nothing else I can think of other than a set of bilstein 5100's.  That thing should be good to go for years to come.

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/5/20 7:59 p.m.

Wow that was quick. It took me a couple of years driving my lowered A4 before I punched a hole in the pan. Nice thing is it's a very flat pan easy to remove. Just don't break the side part those are a emeffer to remove and install. Might need to make a skid plate to protect the radiator and bottom of the pan. Possibly bolted between the bumper and the shocks then curved down and under the pan to the rear of the front subframe. I have a picture in my mind of what it would look like. I just don't have the computer skills to photo shop or draw it onto a existing photo.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
9/7/20 7:04 a.m.

Awesome progress!

brad131a4 (Forum Supporter)
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/7/20 11:31 p.m.

Good to know she was battle scared in the fun of the event doing what she is intended for. Even if you kill the motor they are a dime a dozen at the pick-n-pulls.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
9/14/20 5:12 p.m.

russ_mill
russ_mill Reader
9/18/20 10:11 p.m.

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
12/23/20 5:54 a.m.

I am beyond impressed that you filed out that nut!  That's some serious dedication and patience.  And a few podcasts!

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
3/13/21 5:31 a.m.

Sorry to hear about the back problems, hopefully the fusion will make it better in the long run.

On a positive note 4runner manual prices are crazy right now. You need to find a supercharger if you ever decide to sell the 4runner.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-toyota-4runner-32/

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/13/21 6:10 a.m.

I am fused at C4-5-6 due to 2 separate incidents. Fortunately in decent shape at time of the surgeries and had great results with no restrictions. In both cases I was back 100% in 2-3 months. YMMV. Good luck!!

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
3/13/21 9:22 a.m.

I had L5/S1 surgery 15 years ago now.  Best thing I ever did.

RabidBullFrog
RabidBullFrog New Reader
5/22/21 2:12 a.m.

Glad to hear the surgery went really well! Best of luck with the healing. Sounds like you'll be back at it in no time. I got the oil pan on Ruby. (Hope its OK I stole her nick name). Filled with oil and filter change. Ready to get it out and test drive it in a day or two and my wife got a load of gravel 3.5 tons delivered in the drive way blocking 2 of my cars in the garage. I guess that's one way of getting me to work on her project first! So the Skyline needs an alternater installed and Ruby needs a good shake down and work on getting a title, once I move all this gravel to the back yard. I have a track day at MidOhio next weekend so Godzilla will be first.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/17/21 1:33 p.m.
rustybuckets said:

OK, was a sad moment, but sold Bettie.

I am just going to keep this build thread going. I will need a moderator to change the title.

I totally feel you on that one.  At this point, I'd make a donation for a title change myself.  I definitely should've picked a more generic title.  I am enjoying the progress on the 4 Runner though. 

6/19/21 12:27 a.m.
russ_mill said:

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Well thanks for following along! I'm following yours too, and you're going through cars quick! I like the changes though! 

Funny thing.  This fleet of 3 is going to have some staying power.  The new job won't offer big bonuses allowing me to be silly making cars come and go.  And honestly, I like this mix quite well.  I've also discovered I really enjoy thrashing cheaper less expensive to repair cars more.  I can drive them with abandon and not have worries.  If I add anything else it is going to be an old truck or old car.  I want something from around when I was born.  My son has a soft spot for 4 runners.  I will have to show him this. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
7/29/21 9:32 p.m.

You should be able to sell the stock springs.  Since the truck is a highlander edition its oem springs are taller then typical 4x4 4runner ones.

Glad you are enjoying the truck!  I put a set of 5100's on the titan i replaced the 4runner with.

7/30/21 9:06 a.m.

I've considered these Bilsteins for my daily driver too.  I look forward to more updates on them and fluid film.  I may be getting a more expensive rust prone Subaru too so fluid film may also be in my future.

solfly
solfly Dork
7/31/21 6:07 a.m.

Here I am looking at the last page wondering why you put OME springs on a Vette...

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tkzcrgRZturcmgYfVcOQR1djolMFUWwWof0IHBUahz6lF2nPDpQ1p7SYEdnzs1W0