1 2 3 4 5
TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
8/8/21 3:31 p.m.

Next distraction, neighbor picked up a CTS-V coupe that was nice ,presented well, but needed some custom touches. First off was get rid of the chrome, next up was an order to Billy Boat for headers and full exhaust, all stainless, paint front and rear bumpers, fix and paint door from previous damage, tint tails, a carbon fiber splitter, tint the tails, cover up the interior woodgrain trim, new "correct" front rotors plus caliper paint.

Before

We wrapped all the chrome in matte mettalic grey vinyl, had the wheels done in a matching powdercoat, wrapped the interior woodgrain in 3M carbon fiber vinyl, and yadda, yadda, yadda....

After a paint correction too

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
8/8/21 9:19 p.m.

File in the "If it has an engine I'll work on it". Neighbor bought this air ride bagger with a lot of custom parts BUT it was just put togehter, they didn't pay attention to the details. Air ride but no storage tank which means you have to kick it on, wait for air pressure to lift it, iffy wiring everywhere(this was an ex police bike), the aftermarket panels had ill fitment, flat white paint, and of course he wanted to do some custom work. We bought new side covers to flow with the bags, remounted the front fender so it was right, deleted the non-functional ABS, new brake line front and rear, custom pearl white paint with no color tint as all have, added a 4x100 amplifier, Infinity Kappa speakers included in the new lower fairings, new 14" bars with internal wiring, air storage tank, chin spoiler, chrome hand controls, and new exhaust. 

Before

Stripped

After

Also at the same time he picked up a 1969 Chevelle SS 396 that had been fully built including a bran new crate 6.0/4L60E and had been sitting for three years.

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
8/12/21 8:28 p.m.

Then no to many days later neighbor shows up with this, Backdraft Cobra with a Roush 427, dyno sheet shows something over 550hp.

But of course it needs a few tweaks. wink

Also added to his fleet was this, 2017 Z06 with the Z07 package, of course it needed a paint correction and one tweak, a Corsa axle back exhaust and wow it sounded mean

We also did a paint correction and new blackout emblems to his brother's Panamera GTS and got a quick shot of the blackout crew

Pain in the ass to keep clean but look oh so good when they are!

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
8/15/21 9:56 p.m.

In the mean time let's order up more stuff for the Malibu. Snake eater performance injectors, Holley/Hooker drivers turbo header, start of the fuel system after hours of research which came to the "buy once, cry once" ethos, I didn't want to build it just to hit the 700whp goal, it needed to go far beyond that for future growth. Aeromotive extreme flow -10AN regulator, Fragola fittings, -12AN Aeromotive fuel filter, Motion Raceworks dual channel inline flex fuel sensor mount, yea, that should do the trick for now. Until the fuel tank situation gets handled.... 

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/16/21 11:00 a.m.

So much win and enlightenment in this thread.  That tiptisserie is something I didn't know I needed until reading this thread.

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
8/20/21 8:13 p.m.

A few tweaks and a wheel color change to the Cobra, easy fixes. This thing is a hoot to drive

Neighbor is in to trucks too, so this shows up in the driveway

Before

After

Quick order from Western Chassis and 22.5" Alcoas cut down to 22" wheels plus tires from Lowboy Customs in Arizona and voila!

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
9/23/21 7:26 p.m.

Of course a flurry of cars start coming through from the neighbor. The CL got sold and he upgraded to the twin turbo V12 version which we again blacked out, paint corrected, and put Forgiato wheels on.

We tarted up another Dually

Picked up a 50 Merc

I grabbed a K5 for a deal and played with it for a while, even had a rebel flag for a headliner. The wife hated it lol

All the while the Malibu sits as we play with other tuff. Starting to get closer to real time now, just a few more distractions, I mean cars to insert.

And I did build a deer blind somewhere in here too, another one of my distractions. Used a bunch of old 1" square tubing from work, ordered up the camo corrugated steel from Sweetwater Metal, marine grade plywood for floor/roof, some throwaway shingles plus frost guard, windows/door from deer blinds.com, and a Facebook trailer to mount it all to. No problems getting it to the lease 2.5 hours away the day before season opening.

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
10/16/21 10:03 p.m.

So end of Aug I broke my leg, boooo. Lot's of time spent sitting in a chair, lot's of time to order parts for the Malibu. Thankfully I had a bunch of credit card points saved for the car fund, blew through them fast.

1- 3 port Mac Valve
3- Pressure Transducers(fuel pressure, boost pressure, and something else)
2- Fragola ORB fittings for fuel filter
1- Borgenson Pressure reducer kit for power steering(have a smaller factory pulley, may go with the Dirty Dingo 5" to be safe)
3- Solid state 40amp relays
6- Various power distribution studs
4- Various upper and lower radiator hoses
1- Spal fan connector harness
1- Factory C7 Z06 PWM fan
1- Hobbs switch
1- Trick Chassis frame boxing plates(body coming off for paint eventually
1- Pair of Speedtech Chicane front coil over brackets
1- Weatherpack Crimper set

8-4g battery cable ends
8-2g battery cable ends
Timing cover/oil pump/seal alignment tools
ATI crank pin drill fixture
Holley 6.86" Pro Dash

Then I grabbed a spare short tail TH400 plus a brand new Autokraft LS oil pan, stuff from his abandoned Volvo LS swap, also bought the 1979 242 GT plus fully recovered interior with Recaro seats and Volvo LS engine mounts. Earlier in the year I had grabbed some stuff from the same buddy GM LS performance heads(one beat up cylinder but fixable), Gen IV rods and pistons, and I have a complete Gen III 5.3 bottom end already. The garage is tarting to get full.

When I get back to it I "shouldn't" have any excuses.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/20/21 1:54 p.m.

Do you happen to have blueprints for your tip tisserie? Looks like it would be very handy For an upcoming project

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
10/21/21 7:47 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Do you happen to have blueprints for your tip tisserie? Looks like it would be very handy For an upcoming project

I'll have to dig it out and get measurements, I went by seat of the pants on it, bought the four pieces of steel angle first to bolt to body and then built the wood uprights to the car. 

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
10/22/21 10:37 a.m.

Also makes a handy body dolly when needed although not built for the Camaro height with a rear end in it 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/29/21 11:24 p.m.

I came across the Tip-Tissorie somewhere on the forum, had to come in and read the rest of the build.  I love it.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/21 10:25 a.m.

In reply to TheWraith :

You're a monster. But you're my kind of monster. Carry on.

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
11/2/21 10:28 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to TheWraith :

You're a monster. But you're my kind of monster. Carry on.

Thanks. I know my main build is mundane for most but "car guy" is all I speak, no brand loyalty here. N ot gonna give away the next build but the word bastard will come to mind.

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
11/22/21 7:23 a.m.

Too much time spent on other cars and the Malibu languishes. The Camaro is taking up time and space, plus my brother and I have been doing a 4 wheel disc brake swap on a  58 T Bird, then the F150 is sitting waiting for the 2019 Mustang that was purchased to swap the interior and drivetrain into it, plus fix some suspension work that was built with the goal of sitting and looking pretty, not driving the hell out of it. My driveway much to my wife's chagrin.

A few months ago I acquired this that is also waiting, 2006 Boxster manual with 53k miles that the clutch is completely shot on and needs a few other things from sitting. 

Then last week I finally stopped and talked to the owner of a truck I have been driving by for years and wanted, an early 70's Datsun 620 standard cab, short bed. We struck a deal and it will have to find a place in line too. Didn't even get any pics of it as I was too excited about the price of $250 although it needs floors and hasn't run in probably 15 years.

I MAY have an addiction. 

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/22/21 7:02 p.m.

I want to be your neighbor. 

Where do I apply?

onemanarmy
onemanarmy Reader
11/24/21 8:31 a.m.

That was a fun read!  Keep it coming!

Those duallys looked better on stock wheels and tires though.

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
11/25/21 9:49 a.m.
birdmayne said:

I want to be your neighbor. 

Where do I apply?

Just find a house on my street and voila!

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
11/25/21 9:51 a.m.
onemanarmy said:

That was a fun read!  Keep it coming!

Those duallys looked better on stock wheels and tires though.

To each his own! They got a ton of compliments as the slammed out look is hot plus he has three normal sized ones for work duty.

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
11/25/21 10:00 a.m.

Two new toys purchased by my buddy, completely tricked out 2004 F350 tow pig is here

And his Thanksgiving purchase shows up next week

And a "parts" donor for the slammed F150

Gonna be a busy few months ahead.....

TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
1/13/22 10:28 p.m.

GT S showed up a week before Christmas and he didn't like it. Remove wing, fresh wrap, and voila!

He picked it up the 24th and tossed me the keys Christmas morning an said "have fun". Needless to say it was a very fun day even on the "low octane" tune. I am looking forward to loading the E85/23psi tune that has dynoed at 700whp.

Same car, less wing, tons o' fun

JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
1/14/22 11:09 a.m.

I liked the green better. Killer car, though. 

CarMichaelangelo1
CarMichaelangelo1 New Reader
1/14/22 1:24 p.m.

Your build ethic reminds me of me, except the fact that you are doing that to multiple projects at the same time. How on the planet do you have the time to do all of this?

Choose one of the following:

A.) You are Santa on your off days.

B.) You are one of the Undead. ( because there isn't any possible time left in a day for you to sleep)

C.) You aren't married.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
1/14/22 1:33 p.m.

Your projects and skills are nothing short of amazing and impressive.  Dumb question that may have been asked before, but is this your 'day job' or just a gigantic hobby? haha.  

CarMichaelangelo1
CarMichaelangelo1 New Reader
1/14/22 2:09 p.m.
JeremyJ said:

I liked the green better. Killer car, though. 

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ywGrCv6VkQvoplMEQPPH5zIyquPefWBvh248WjTZFeJNbvyn1uAvNZA3FyzzgARp