Any plans to adapt a p71 bashbar to the front? laugh

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
11/28/21 8:52 a.m.

Autocross it. You know you want to. devil

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/28/21 9:23 p.m.

No and No. This is going to be a Low and Slow type of thing. 

Drove a bit today and the noise from the front of the engine is gone so it was likely the idler or tensioner that was noisy. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/28/21 10:27 p.m.
slowbird said:

Autocross it. You know you want to. devil

Take it from me. You can autocross anything...

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/30/21 4:07 p.m.

The big girl passed inspection. It is old enough for classic plates but as this is my DD, I decided to just go with regular plates.

ClemCougarSparks
ClemCougarSparks UltimaDork
11/30/21 6:14 p.m.

Hot Diggity Daffodil!    (?)

Is there maybe another reason you're going with non-historic registration?  Hehehe

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/8/21 12:41 p.m.

There is a clunking in the front suspension when it unloads over a bump. Need to check things out but wondering if this is just a thing that happens on these cars as it passed inspection fine and the steering seems tight enough. 

Planning my first oil change today. 

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
12/8/21 5:41 p.m.

Upper strut mount possibly?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/8/21 6:44 p.m.

In reply to DjGreggieP :

I will check the shock mounts but it doesn't have struts. It might be sway bar mounts/end links based on some reading. 

ClemCougarSparks
ClemCougarSparks UltimaDork
12/9/21 6:57 p.m.

My first thought is sway bar endlinks also..  Easy to check (disconnect/remove one) cheap to replace.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/24/21 11:29 p.m.

Installed a back up camera today along with a touch screen head unit. The new head unit is one of those floating units that sticks out from the dash a little. Oddly, looks better than the older alpine deck I pulled out. 

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
12/26/21 7:39 p.m.

A bit of unsolicited advice (a reminder, really):  

It might be a good time to do spark plugs before they decide it's a good time to loosen up and take some of the only ~4 threads they to screw into.

I'm not sure if this particular 4.6 is afflicted with the same issue as the one I had blow out on my '03 (and the 5.4s seem to be more well-known for it)...but it can't hurt to ensure your plugs are properly torqued and it's not hard at all.

When mine blew out, I found at least one other spark plug that was not tight.

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
12/27/21 1:46 p.m.

Check the upper ball joints on these, for a mystery clunk....

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
12/30/21 4:43 p.m.

In reply to ClemSparks :

I know that those were actually done in the last 2k miles so Im not too worried about that with this particular 4.6.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/23/22 3:34 p.m.

New wheels installed! Needs more low though. I think I might do a front air bag kit and just set height with a schrader valve at home for now. Come back at a later date to put air on board. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/23/22 3:41 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer :

That's pimping there.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
3/28/22 11:30 a.m.

Apparently Ethyl (yep, she is named) is mad at me. I went to move it out of the way on Saturday and when I tried to turn it off it didn't. The key can slide out at any time and it starts up fine. Had to pull the fuel pump fuse to get it off. Anyway, new ignition lock cylinder didn't work at all (wouldn't even start with the new lock). There are some arms further down the column that may have broken/ shifted so the "turn off" signal isn't being registered. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
6/13/22 12:38 p.m.

Completely rebuilt to the front end. It was BAD. While I had it apart, I added new coils that I liberated a coil and a 1/4 off of. The rear needs attention next but it okay for moment. I lowered the rear by adjusting ride height sensor on the stock air suspension. It still rides okay and I am planning on adding some bilsteins as they tend to be stiffer in my experience to make up for the reduced spring rate. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/14/22 8:54 p.m.

Well Ethyl had the typical exploding intake and overheated. I shut it down quickly and now she has a new intake and water pump. All is well (ish). One day when it was really hot, it died at a stop light. Fired right back up and hasn't given me trouble since so maybe it is just old car is old. 

Had it aligned and it pulls to the left and brakes to the right. Both are subtle but I really hate it. I wonder if the brakes are related to the alignment but if not, time to investigate DIY big brakes on a panther. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
11/8/22 9:19 p.m.

Not much to add other than both rear window motors are failing and causing the windows to fall. Temp fix is a PVC board inside the door panel. Oh well. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F9C71cbm1ClTTRAbBs9CH2BWexOjC70AkxWZARJofp9UbFLhKPU23XcuWLSStBoz