1 2 3
rustomatic
rustomatic Reader
8/15/21 11:22 a.m.

Great find with the Cobra!  As for the T5, most can agree that they generally work better than a TKO, especially if you shift higher than 4500 RPMs.  That said, a T5 will work great until you beat on it, and this does not mean drag-racy idiocy like no-lift shifts or stuff like that.  I managed to make a brand new T5-z really angry by just doing a couple of limiter-shifted track days with a 340hp 302; the thing was "good" for about 1500 miles, at which point it was LS-swap time . . .

On that note, I sold a very good working earlier T-5 with a broken ear to a guy many years ago.  It worked great with a stock-ish 5.0 . . .

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
11/25/21 1:53 p.m.

Well here we are Thanksgiving Day and it's been a year since I hopped in the truck and hitched up a UHaul trailer to pick up the Fobra. My immediate goal for the car to get it manual swapped and on the road was met, but haven't managed to accomplish much else. I have managed to log almost 1500 miles on the car, pretty much trouble free. I drive it to work a few times a month, and have made some longer drives to a few cars and coffees, and have thoroughly enjoyed the car. 

Some random pics of the car from the past year.

Working in the trunk is a huge PITA, trying to access the harness mounts to adjust them:

Love a backroad

Traded out the headlights. The sealed beams were garbage, and my ultimate goal is to black out all the trim, so I think these will work well with that aesthetic:

And then drove it up to Summit Point for the Jefferson 500 vintage races

mfennell
mfennell Reader
11/26/21 11:16 a.m.

Looking good.  Would you mind sharing the exact model headlight you installed?  The single LED on my bicycle is better than the sealed beams on my FFR.  

CLynn85
CLynn85 HalfDork
11/27/21 12:52 p.m.

In reply to mfennell :

Generic Amazon specials. $89/pair 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
axmlIlfdAPpqgAlA6p47d7gZJMbSxIrpB4xj4MNDLr194xTi9K15Du83wl536HFW